Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I missed a post that addressed this, I spent some time searching all the Forums but didn't find anything.

I'm getting a Kyocera 7135 on Monday which is a flip phone. Kyo doesn't really make a car kit, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to hold it while I'm driving.

I'll be using a headset most of the time, so I'm not really worried about speakerphone capabilities, although I may hardwire a 12V connection plug for it.

Of course, I don't have my MDX yet (couple of weeks away) so I've been looking at pics. Doesn't seem to be a great place to put it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Teledatageek:

___About the best I have seen came from a company TheWorm found sometime in the distant past. I think he sold the mount to a member with an 01/02 TW X and the pics looked like a very nice and integrated solution. The clip actually was installed in between the Plood and screwed into the Radio bracket if I remember correctly? If you can’t find TheWorm’s solution using the search, PM him as I don’t know if he could possibly read every post although he probably tries ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Click on the "startac/timeport phone kit" link in my sig line. Get a Panavise mount.

·
Registered
449 Posts
go to the website www.canyonriver.com, they sell both the panavise and pro-fit holder. I have the panavise, it is really easy to install, you have to remove the wood dash around the radio and just screw the holder unto one of the radio brackets. The holder is really just a piece of metal with holes, howver it is angled correctly and you will have to buy the cell phone holder separately.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rail

Rail,

Did you use the Smarteq Radiomute box with the install?

I had the same setup in my accord a while back and used the radiomute box. The volume then comes out of the front speakers (similar to the new OEM units, but you can still use the external antenna on the cradle).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rail

I just simply called Smarteq USA and they sent me one at no charge. The great thing is that if you have the music up, the phone will automatically shut off the head unit to allow you to not miss calls.

FYI

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, finally I took delivery today! I had Verizon order the Panavise mount for me. But, I'm having 2nd thoughts. I think I'll do just fine putting the phone on the 1st tray of the center console and bringing out the headset. Nice that they have a 12V outlet in there.

My phone has voice dialing on it and I've been using Verizon's Voice Gear service which allows me to dial any of my 1200 contacts via voice. My headset has a button to activate the voice activation, answer, and disconnct. So instead of cluttering up the dash, this might work. I'm going to give it a try for a few weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts