Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used a CD player mount with magnet which worked great but covered the display.

Now looking for an idea to stick a magnet mount in this least obstructive spot.
Is it possible to stick any mount here(marked by circle) see pic!

Curious about what you guys use!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
You shouldn't be using a cell phone while driving.

Leave it in your pocket/purse. Stick it in your center console if you need to charge it. If you have to have quick access, then let it sit on the rubber strips on the center console lid.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have Panavise mounts in 4 cars. They hard mount into existing screws in the dash on the right side of the center console & are angled at the driver. Each has a Scosche tablet magnet mount on them. Work great & super solid.

Once you start using Waze you’ll find it’s hard to go back. It gives me audible over speed warnings, traffic & stopped car hazard warnings & active rerouting based on active crowd sourcing data. Every time I think I know better it proves me wrong by knowing about an accident or something I couldn’t have known. My wife & friends also appreciate the ability to auto send ETAs to them if I want.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used a CD player mount with magnet which worked great but covered the display.

Now looking for an idea to stick a magnet mount in this least obstructive spot.
Is it possible to stick any mount here(marked by circle) see pic!

Curious about what you guys use!

The iOttie mount from Amazon places the phone exactly as per your drawing. I attached it to the left of the nav screen. See this post.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The iOttie mount from Amazon places the phone exactly as per your drawing. I attached it to the left of the nav screen. See this post.
Thanks... but it's a suction cup... eventually the whole thing drops to the floor...

Only a matter of time. How long have you had them without falling?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ram Mount Cup Holder + Extension

I like the Ram Mount X-grip with cup holder kit and extension. I use it on my iphone 8+ and it does a good job. It could fit in the cup holder better and my wife complains that she has no where to put her drink but she doesn't come with me when I drive across Texas for work so

·
Registered
3 Posts
The iOttie Easy Touch 3 is awesome. I've been using the brand for about 4 years and they are the best, and they are reusable, and mount on the windshield or dash. I don't have a pic right now, but I placed the mount on the right side of the top screen, on the "shelf". So it is mounted directly there and there is enough space for the mount to be fully seated, and it doesn't block anything.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks... but it's a suction cup... eventually the whole thing drops to the floor...

Only a matter of time. How long have you had them without falling?

The iOttie suction cup is insanely strong. It has never fallen on me, even once. In the MDX, i've had it in for six months, but used it in my other cars for years.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't have one in my MDX, but in past cars I've used the ProClip mount with a lot of success. If you go to www.proclipusa.com and look up a 3rd gen MDX, you'll see two mounting options. One is just to the right of the start/stop button, and the other is on the far side of the infotainment screen. Both mount by grabbing the edges of the trim pieces with a fairly secure mounting mechanism that is easily removed. It's not the cheapest solution out there, but it's a solid mount that never moves. Here's a view of one I had on my '13 MDX that did the job well for a Garmin unit I had.

andy

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
that's how I broke the screen of a half-week old iPhone.
it's barely deep enough and phone falls out if you forget the phone is there and open/close the door.
Sounds like another cost cutting measure on the 3rd Gen MDX to me.....

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Sounds like another cost cutting measure on the 3rd Gen MDX to me.....
wtf, you're joking right??

You're not actually insinuating that the depth of the interior door grab was reduced to cut costs???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.