Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 MDX Basic (01/23/01) does not play back CDRs correctly. Typicallly, the system will playback 1/2 the tracks and stutter through the rest. The CDRs play back correctly on my Pioneer car CD player and my home units (Pioneer & Yamaha). My understanding is that the non-Bose system is made by Alpine and that it is incompatible with CDRs and MP3s

Has anyone hads this experience? Bruce

2001 MDX Basic Silver
1986 ALfa Spider Quadrifoglio

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Ours is a touring and plays 'em back no problem. One thing I *have* noticed w/using CDRs is that a deck's ability to play them back is influenced by the brand of media you're using. I have a Sony DVD @ home that will only play CDRs, CDRWs and VideoCDs if they're recorded on Maxell. It doesn't seem to like other brands. I believe this is because of the dyes the different vendors use.

You might try a different brand of CDR to see if that makes any difference...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My Base MDX system (7/2/01) plays 74-minute Mitsui Gold CDRs properly, as well as Taiyo Yuden silver CDR 74s. I haven't tried it on CDR 80s yet, but a surprising number of CD players won't play 80s, as the "pitch" of their tracks is a bit (~7 1/2%) smaller; i.e., the tracks are that much closer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bruce - my base system plays cdr's just fine. In fact I am listening to a book on tape with 13 cds right now. I am using plain, generic, 80 minute cdr's that cost $30.00 for 100 with a 30.00 rebate. So they must be the cheapest around. Office max house brand. That being said, try some really good cdr's and see if that makes a difference. You may have a lousy laser in your cd player.

·
Registered
167 Posts
its definitely the CD media..... i had the exact same issue with some cd's i burned on crap media and they skipped all the time.... one thing to try if you dont wanna throw away your cdr's is to burn at a slower speed than the max speed of your burner... i found that allowed me to use the poor quality cdr's fine... for example, i would burn at 4x instead of the 8x max speed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
no skips however.....

I'm not running into problems with CD-Rs skipping in the play mode, but I have a hard enough time coaxing the changer to actually load the CD-R and to fully eject the disc....

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Please keep in mind recording CD-R at home and playing is dependant on alot of factors. Media, Burner,OS, and Finally Software. If the disc doesnt work try a differant media, always the case , be it blue green or silver. Personally silver CDRs always work the best. for audio format. But like I said you need to experiment once you get the right combo, fly with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts