Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 105,000 miles, this is the first problem that has come up for my MDX. The CD player was working just fine today and then as one of my CDs came to an end, the player tried to switch to the next and made a weird noise and then it read, "See owners manual". Now it is not ejecting the discs or playing them at all. Maybe I shouldnt have kept 6 CDs in there at once lol. I looked up some threads regarding this issue and someone said to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and so I did but it didnt help. Someone also said to try to tweeze the CDs out with a tweezer but Im a little iffy on that. Pulling the fuse was also stated but I havent tried that yet. Has anyone had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it? Im a DIY type of person so Id rather not give the stealership $600 to fix a small problem like this. Any advice, suggestions, comments?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a used '07 base model back in June. We pretty much only listened to the AUX input until about a month ago, when we tried to load a CD, but the unit malfunctioned and wouldn't accept the CD. It got stuck in a perpetual loading mode, with lots of whizzing and whirring inside, but it ended up just showing "MECH ERROR" in the display.

Being a DIYer, as well, I decided that I couldn't break it any worse than it was by trying to hack it back to life myself. All I want is to be able to use the AUX input again...frustrating that it's built into the CD function of the system...grr... A month later, and lots of tinkering with the CD changer, and I'm throwing in the towel. There are 6 loading trays inside the player, and one of the trays on mine was broken/stuck, beyond repair. I'd hoped removing it would solve the problem, but it only changed the "MECH ERROR" to "BUSY DISC 1". (The stuck CD was Justin Bieber, to add insult to injury. :\) I then tried removing the other 5 trays, hoping the player would simply think there were no discs to access and would then at least allow me to get back to "AUX". Alas, no luck. I tried moving several mechanical pieces inside to different positions with that same hope, again with no luck. Tried placing a CD on the spindle and putting everything in what I thought to be the correct position to just play/read the CD, again with no luck. Officially giving up at this point.

Hope you have better luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts