Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been wanting to do a full detail of the NBP X since getting it back in January but hadn't had time til I took a couple days off this past week. Very happy with the results as the paint was badly swirled and marred and didn't shine through clear coat before.

Products used were, Meguiars NXT wash, Mother's Clay bar kit, Chemical Guys V36 Polish, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax, with a Porter Cable 7424XP.

Before:

After:

Yakkin'

·
Registered
137 Posts
Big difference. I have the same polisher. But with 3m rubbing compound. It does a great job. I use a terry cloth bonnet over the foam to get more uses on the pads. Do you ever use non-touch free car washes? I know they will swirl the paint.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you ever use non-touch free car washes? I know they will swirl the paint.
I only hand-wash or in winter use touch-less washes. The previous owner was a leasee so prob didn't care and ran this through automatic car washes.

Nice results with just a Polish. What pads did you use?
For polishing I used the medium Hex Logic pad:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-BUFX102HEX5-Hex-Logic-Medium-Heavy/dp/B0040MI9H0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1442167791&sr=1-1&keywords=hex+logic+pads[/ame]

And for the wax a Meguiars finishing pad.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Nice job, too bad it won't last.

I keep torturing myself with all these dark colored vehicles as well.

Gonna be doing a 2 step paint correction when it gets cooler(Meg's 105/205 combo), followed up by CQuartz UK, Reload. I'll use Meg's D156 after everywash to keep it slick.

Ultima Waterless Wash Pro is also your best friend for anyone that has a dark car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
looks awesome! i just did my MDX during labor day weekend. I use the 2 bucket method, washed with some Eagle One stuff (was a gift :p ), clay bar, M105, mothers sealant, meguiars carnauba wax. i also use the same PC orbital.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look great, I have swirl marks too thanks to automated car washes & me being lazy. Gotta do something similar soon.
I was lazy but once you do it will be much happier. Block off about 3-5 hours to do the full detail and having a PC definitely helped cut the wax application time by 1/2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was lazy but once you do it will be much happier. Block off about 3-5 hours to do the full detail and having a PC definitely helped cut the wax application time by 1/2.
Thanks for the encouraging words & tips, will also have to align my time so that I can do this when my always excited kid is sleeping :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts