Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should I expect the catalytic converter on a 2007 Acura MDX Sport [300hp] to last?
The vehicle has only 32,000 miles on it and my service agent, in response to an engine light, suggested it might need a new catalytic converter.
The final report from the mechanic has yet to be printed [due to a computer malfunction at the dealership], so that might not be an authoritative diagnosis.
I thought catalytic converters had no moving parts and typically lasted 100,000.
This vehicle hasn't been driven hard ever and has been off-road for only about 40 miles of it's life, if that makes any difference.
Your opinions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Catalytic Converters do not have a fixed lifespan.. They will last as long as the fuel mix ratio is correct, So no Regular gas on a Premium Only vehicle and such... 32K is stupid low life even if the car has been used with regular only, Get a second opinion.

Just FYI: My TL-S is still rocking the original Catalytic Converter so 220K and I live in california so yeah...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, skirmich!!
I've babied this baby [LOVE LOVE LOVE this SUV!!!].
Religious in maintenance as well ... always at the original dealership, except for a couple of battery replacements.
Nothing but highest-test 91 Octane Unleaded has ever been in this vehicle.
I'll take your advice and get a second opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts