Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody removed the cassette / CD tray in the center console? If so how did you remove it?

I tried to remove mine but it didn't want to damage it in the process.

I want to use that space to store my mp3 player and I need about a extra 1/2 inch, so the center console lid can close.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Sorry to take so long getting to this, but I just found it in the service manual; hope I'm not too late.

"Wrap the front divider in the CD storage box with a shop towel, then grab it with a pair of pliers. Pull the CD storage box up to detach the clips, then remove it."

That front divider is the one right where the box gets wider. There apparently are 4 clips.

Good luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frostyra

I will try it out later and let you know how it works out.

Thanks,
Papawoolf

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frostyra

Great direction, followed your advice and it was no problem removing the tray.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Papawoolf: Anytime -- that's what service manuals (and forum members) are for!

·
Registered
487 Posts
frostyra - speaking of members and manuals - any ideas how to get clips and/or magnetic screwdrivers that fall into the holes left by the tray when it's removed? When I removed mine, two of the clips that hold it in fell down and that was it. I have yet to figure out how to remove any more of the console to get down there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
dipersp
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing