Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since the new iOS update, the voice for my Google Maps in Apple Car Play is a man's voice with a thick Indian accent. It is humorous but annoying. All voices for my other apps and iPhone, are a female with no accent. Anyone know how to fix this? I have gone through all the menus and the voice selected says American. Apple maps and the built in navigation have a pleasant female voice.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After I updated the built in navigation maps, the female's voice for Google Maps in Apple Car Play returned. Thank goodness!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should have kept it, the Indian accent is guaranteed to cheer you up if you are having a bad day! :D
(I say that as a person of Indian origin so no disrespect intended to my fellow desis :))

·
Registered
139 Posts
May be deep frying your phone may fix the issue 😂.
Google it buddy. Do your searching before posting it here.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May be deep frying your phone may fix the issue 😂.
Google it buddy. Do your searching before posting it here.
I spent a lot of time on Google to fix this. It was not a language/region issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
LOL.....This has happened to me a few random times during navigation with Google maps. All of a sudden the voice sounds like it's some DEMON from the Exorcist or something.....the first time, it freaked my wife and I out! Now, we just laugh and say the car is possessed again ala Christine-like!

Has this happened to anyone else before? Like, really, it's a scary Demon/Freddy Krueger voice.....

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL.....This has happened to me a few random times during navigation with Google maps. All of a sudden the voice sounds like it's some DEMON from the Exorcist or something.....the first time, it freaked my wife and I out! Now, we just laugh and say the car is possessed again ala Christine-like!

Has this happened to anyone else before? Like, really, it's a scary Demon/Freddy Krueger voice.....
I was startled when Apu started barking orders at me. As fast he jumped in my car, he left!

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,368 Posts
Man, just jump over to Team Android! We never experienced this issue at all, especially with Google Maps.

• Haha
Reactions: E92Vancouver
1 - 9 of 9 Posts