Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Checking in.

Apex, NC here also. Bought mine from Leith in Cary.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New MDX in NC

Since we haven't seen any MDX's around here, we decided to change that situation.

Purchased at Flow in Winston-Salem NC for $39,200 which includes a full size spare, AW mats, cargo tray, wheel locks, and a cargo net. Touring/Nav, Sage Brush Pearl.

Not the best deal in the universe but we didn't have the energy to fight for hours! Maybe we'll win the $20,000 they are giving away - that will make up for it.

Pics here:
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18428

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
From now on, get your accessories, parts, toys, etc. from www.hondacuraworld.com . Tim (from there) is one of our moderators, a trusted member, and supplier of the best buys you can get on Acura and Honda stuff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
first post in a year...but here goes:

new owner...just bought a black '04 touring. being shipped down to me in Greensboro, NC from Chicago...should be here in a couple of weeks.

stoked! can't wait to get it.

NC, black, Touring with TV/DVD, and running boards

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Asheville and would love to tag along on any even up here, or do some wrenching. I'm in need of new shocks/struts and probably some front bushings, I have an awful thunky clunky thing going on :(

At 106k miles though, I'm not that worried :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another X in WNC....

Well, if folks from Asheville can tag along, I guess we can make the trip down from the mountains around Burnsville! I admit we're still legally Florida residents, but we have a home in B'ville...does that count?

Besides, I haven't heard of any X clubs around Orlando and we plan on moving to WNC full time when we "retire" in about 7 years...can you hear my foot tapping with impatience? We can't wait to punch out of Orlando and breath that clean NC mountain air...24/7!!

:2party:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: Tarheel

Ronsully said:
I just moved from Apex, NC less than a month ago. I moved up to the Michigan (I am not crazy, just want to advance my career quickly). Bought my MDX through Leith in Apex/Cary. They seem to be like Nazis. Services people are nice, however, they don't know anything about TSBs. I asked about the TSB for the roof noise and they said "We don't have any TSBs on the MDX". Go figure. Anyway, I come back to NC all the time to visit friends and family.
I still have the MDX :). However, I haven't made it back home to good ole NC. :(. I now live in the rat race known as D.C. :( . Still trying to get back to the RTP area. Anyone have any hookups for pharmaceutical QA manager/director in NC?:p

·
Registered
51 Posts
fishhouse said:
first post in a year...but here goes:

new owner...just bought a black '04 touring. being shipped down to me in Greensboro, NC from Chicago...should be here in a couple of weeks.

stoked! can't wait to get it.

NC, black, Touring with TV/DVD, and running boards
i've actually just moved from Greensboro, NC to Raleigh, NC. w00t

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
For any of you folks in the Raleigh, Apex, Cary neighborhood. Is Gino's Italian Resturant around there anymore? It was on main drag in Raleigh when I was at State in the late 1950s and the last time I saw it in the late 1970s had moved under a service station in Cary. I am going to be back that way this summer and would like to go there if it still exists.

G

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
G. COLTON said:
For any of you folks in the Raleigh, Apex, Cary neighborhood. Is Gino's Italian Resturant around there anymore? It was on main drag in Raleigh when I was at State in the late 1950s and the last time I saw it in the late 1970s had moved under a service station in Cary. I am going to be back that way this summer and would like to go there if it still exists.

G
I think you are talking about Guarino's. It is under a former gas station turned Used Car lot (Best Motors) on the corner of Maynard and Buck Jones Road. I do not think you will recognize the area anymore. A LOT has changed since 1990, let alone the 1970's.

good luck

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
MesaBeige said:

I think you are talking about Guarino's. It is under a former gas station turned Used Car lot (Best Motors) on the corner of Maynard and Buck Jones Road. I do not think you will recognize the area anymore. A LOT has changed since 1990, let alone the 1970's.

good luck
Good morning.

That may well be the same eatery with a new name. You would not think that there would be a lot of places that fit that physiucal description in Cary. The last time I was there Gino had died and his wife was running the place. The Pizza was not as good as it had been in downtown Raleigh. There people used to stand in the rain to get inside.

Thanks for the update.

George

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, I had no idea there were this many MDXer's from the Raleigh area. I am a new member after having recently purchased an '03 Touring w/RES, Midnight Blue Pearl. Love it so far.
If there are still active meetings or get-togethers in the area I would love to meet everyone!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I miss Raleigh :(, graduated from State in 2001 and lived in eastern NC until 2008. Hoping to get back to the area in another year or two.

George: I realize your posts in this thread are a few years old, but I never would have guessed you went to State also!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Reviving an old thread! :) New 2013 Advance owner in Cary.
-BadMojo

21 - 40 of 54 Posts