Votes: 3 25.0%
  • liner

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't have an MDX yet, but I would opt for a liner - easier to clean - just wash it!!!!... tray.. well, imagine your dog pooped in it, 'nuf said..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think the liner is a better choice since it also protects the back and upper portion of the second row seats. The leather or vinyl in that area may bet torn with a paw. Just scotch guard it before putting it on.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
We don't have anything in back for our Golden (cargo net is great tho to keep her from hopping over the seats -- she likes to ride shotgun, even if someone else already is!).

I'd guess the liner is better and here's why: It's softer with no edges. The tray is harder (tho still flexible) plastic which might not be as comfy, which of course is the primary criteria for any Golden's human.

·
Registered
681 Posts
genemish said:
I don't have an MDX yet, but I would opt for a liner - easier to clean - just wash it!!!!... tray.. well, imagine your dog pooped in it, 'nuf said..
The tray is easier to wash off than the liner. But the liner covers more areas like the wall, back tailgate and back of seats. Best to have both if you can afford.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd say a liner is a must have because of dog hair. And god forbid, he/she decides to "shake" all over the place! Both if possible; but if you have to choose, definitely the liner!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Have had the tray from day one and just bought the liner today (guess I'll have to update my profile). I found that the tray works just fine for normal, everyday use, such as hauling grocery bags, and did a good job when the dog was travelling in his kennel (wire cage) which was tied down with bungees. However, I wanted the added side and seat protection for times when I'm hauling golf gear for 4 and things like the Christmas tree -- which we're getting tomorrow. I'm glad I have both, 'cause now I have the added versatility.

By the way, the design of the liner is top-notch. They thought of everything, including openings for the subwoofer (mesh) and the cargo compartment latch mechanism... great job!

Question: Those of you who have the liner -- did you get a carrying case with your purchase, or was this an additional cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Though I don't have my MDX yet, I've been hauling dogs in SUV's for twenty years. Pierre has the right idea. The dog belongs in a kennel in the back for a whole bunch of reasons.

Much cleaner for not only the floor and sides, but also the windows.

The back of your MDX will eventually smell like a wet dog no matter much you wash the MDX (and dog).

Imbeded dog hair in carpet is extremely difficult to get out.

It is much safer for your dog in case of an accident or sudden breaks. (My mom tells the story of how one she had to lock the brakes on her Subaru and her German Short Hair tumbled all the way from the back, then between the front seats and up against the dash.

You can carry something else in back and not worry that it gets trampled or eaten.

My dog actually prefers the kennel. She jumps right in, her water dish is there, and usually she goes right to sleep.

Also Pierre for your info, WalMart (if they have them up in Canada) carries tree bags for about 3 bucks. They are basically big plastic bags that slip over the tree before it goes in the car. Not exactly environmentally friendly but will save the interior of your new MDX.

·
Registered
608 Posts
cca,

Yeah, we elected to go the kennel route right away for safety reasons more than anything else. Plus, the dog really likes it there.

We do have Wal-Marts. The tree lot guys also provide the bags for FREE when you buy the tree, so that was easy. However, I still like the liner for the overall protection it offers. I may just get a cheap duffel bag to store the liner when it's not in use if I can't get my hands on the "official" storage bag...

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I've mentioned this doggie seatbelt in a couple other animal-related threads:

http://www.ruffrider.com/

We love it, the dog's happy, and she can't jump all over the place, nor does she slide around on the leather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
TheWorm
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing