Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2016 MDX with Tech Package. I recently bought a cargo net from Acura Parts Super Store- Acura Accessories and Parts for sale online for a discount. and having some difficulties installing the cargo net. I am using their instruction that is on here http://www.acurapartssuperstore.com/pdf/2016-acura-mdx/2016-acura-mdx-cargo-net.pdf.

My issue is with step #2 locating the pre-drilled hole. Does anyone have a picture or video of this? Even better would be a video showing the installation of the cargo net.

Thanks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2016 MDX with Tech Package. I recently bought a cargo net from Acura Parts Super Store- Acura Accessories and Parts for sale online for a discount. and having some difficulties installing the cargo net. I am using their instruction that is on here http://www.acurapartssuperstore.com/pdf/2016-acura-mdx/2016-acura-mdx-cargo-net.pdf.

My issue is with step #2 locating the pre-drilled hole. Does anyone have a picture or video of this? Even better would be a video showing the installation of the cargo net.

Thanks.
Just did the same install. You have to really feel for it. I had to use my pinky as it was the only finger narrow enough to really feel the hole. I can take a picture of where my holes are if that would be helpful.

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think yours not installed 100% properly, when it is there is almost no gap between the anchor and the felt and plastic end goes inside when you screw it in. Are you sure you drilled 8mm first and then with 14mm to finish and make hole bigger as per instructions ?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think yours not installed 100% properly, when it is there is almost no gap between the anchor and the felt and plastic end goes inside when you screw it in. Are you sure you drilled 8mm first and then with 14mm to finish and make hole bigger as per instructions ?
Yeah, it's not 100% in, but I did use both 8mm and 14mm. I backed it out a little because the fit was a bit too wide and the zipper kept coming down, so I bought myself a 1/4". I can screw it down more if I want, but I find not having to stretch the cargo net as far makes attaching easier.

I leave the cargo net only installed on the left side and leave it stashed in that cubby hole, and then I use it when needed as to not impede loading of the stroller, etc. So being able to more quickly attach it with a little closer position makes for a quicker transition.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine are screwed in all the way and no issues with zipper and attaching (I do the same leaving it attached on the left and storing in the cubby hole). The only thing I did is bought different carabiners, OEM plastic suck when you attach/detach them all the time.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mine are screwed in all the way and no issues with zipper and attaching (I do the same leaving it attached on the left and storing in the cubby hole). The only thing I did is bought different carabiners, OEM plastic suck when you attach/detach them all the time.
I'm also going to change the carabiber as the built in one is a handful.was there a specific one you liked?

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also trying to install a cargo net on my 2016 Acura MDX and having difficulty deciphering which hole is meant for the net. I also will be installing a cargo cover. Both installations require finding the right holes. I couldn't continue being not being confident enough drilling holes in unsure spots.

It would help a great deal if there is an available measurements in inches describing how far apart are the hidden holes behind the carpet and where they are situated. (i.e. 10" from the floor and 12" from the window edge as an example)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am also trying to install a cargo net on my 2016 Acura MDX and having difficulty deciphering which hole is meant for the net. I also will be installing a cargo cover. Both installations require finding the right holes. I couldn't continue being not being confident enough drilling holes in unsure spots.

It would help a great deal if there is an available measurements in inches describing how far apart are the hidden holes behind the carpet and where they are situated. (i.e. 10" from the floor and 12" from the window edge as an example)
Just look at the pictures. There are two holes, but they are easy to distinguish. I'm traveling and away from the car, but on Saturday I can take a picture with a ruler and some reference points if it's helpful. Just let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First ever post...(golf clap) And first ever MDX.....(loud applause)

Just knocked this out in under 5 minutes total on my new-to-me 2014 AWD Tech, not including the time spent overthinking the drilling part.

In short:
Located and marked both holes using the upper rear corner of the cubby as a reference.
Suddenly realized the only material being drilled is the carpet, not any actual plastic.
Used a 3/16 drill bit. About .2 seconds per side. I think a sharp bit is key.
This leaves a little fuzz easily punched through with the bolt.
As noted above, the hooks aren't great so I ordered the aforementioned carabiners.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts