1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Count me in!:2:

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm curious, what's the price? I got mine for just over $36 from my dealership parts department.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news.....

...but after shipping costs, there's just no money left for a price reduction in the nets. Low dollar items are always tough, if not impossible, to discount further.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
There used to be a smallish family run chain...

... of computer stores in Chicago and surrounding area, called Elek-Tek. They tired to be competitive as the BestBuy, CompUSA & others moved into the market. They offered the "price match guarantee" on EVERYTHING including 'low margin' items like paper. A few years of that and POOF they were gone - victims of the fact that they couldn't make money on what other stores were probably losing money...

Moral of the story:
Don't try to eeck out the last buck worth of 'profit' unless you are happy with ONLY pennies rattling around in your pocket.

BTW Kudos Tim for playing things straight! Alot of folks in your position would hem & haw and say "lemme see what I can do" instead of being upfront:29:

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Same thing happened to Niello Acura when they tried to enter the internet parts/accessories market for the NSX. Through a good member here (who I wish I knew who it was), I was recommended to take the position of "official parts guy" for the NSX Sportscar Club. Enter Niello Acura, who came along touting free 2nd day air for orders over $1000, and 30% off list price.

"They'll never be able to stay in business on the internet that way"', I remember thinking. Two months later I was proven correct....their GM must have seen the bottom line, or lack thereof.

I'll always do the best I can, and I'm here to stay! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts