Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who plans to purchase the cargo liner, here's a few pictures. This accessory is quite useful for those Home Depot trips. I especially like the skirt that drops down the rear bumper. Definitely helps avoid scratches when loading heavy stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic with the skirt up. This protects the tailgate panel from getting scratched if you have a lot of stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Closer view with the 2nd row seats down

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's how the side panels are protected. They even put holes for the subwoofer. BTW the edges are held in place by velcros.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm sold!

Thanks so much for the liner pics! I started thinking last nite that I might want to get it--- especially for when I'm carting my dog around in the back. Now after seeing it, I'm definitely adding it to my accessories wish list. Hmmmm, maybe I can get the dealer to "throw" one in? Wouldn't hurt to try! :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thanks for showing us some pictures. I've got a question. I got the Cargo Liner but there was no skirt. Does everybody that has the Cargo Liner have a skirt too? Or did my dealer screw up?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I like it!

I have the tray and I don't do heavy duty hauling. But for camping trips and other scratchable hauling, the liner is great! In fact, the cargo tray could set right on top of the liner and offer double duty protection.

Thanks for posting the pics!! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jpt1964 said:
Thanks for showing us some pictures. I've got a question. I got the Cargo Liner but there was no skirt. Does everybody that has the Cargo Liner have a skirt too? Or did my dealer screw up?
I think they forgot to give you the skirt. You get 3 pieces when you purchase the Cargo liner (main big piece liner, skirt and a storage bag). The skirt is a separate piece that velcros to the main piece.

Dmor, very good point. The cargo tray definitely can set right on top of the liner to protect for any spills (like melting snow from skis) then the liner can protect the edges from scratches.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Cheetos,

Thanks for the pics! I've heard about these skirts that come with the tray and have been very curious about what they look like. When I finally get my X, I'll def get the tray...

Thanks again,
Rob:cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
can you fold the seats up and down with this in?

·
Registered
557 Posts
So your X is a she ? well its got a skirt on right? :D

TECK!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
creese said:
can you fold the seats up and down with this in?
Yes the 2nd row seats can be folded up or down with the cargo liner on. The 3rd row seats can't be used with the liner on though. Here's a pic with the 2nd row up.

Yeah Teck definitely a she. Hey she talks and gives me directions you know. ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
thanks for the picture, I know this will come in handy during deer season and those trips with the fur shedding dalmation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cheetos

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. Yours are so much more informative than the ones on the Acura website.

The cargo liner is now on my Christmas list!

·
Registered
108 Posts
questions...

Cheetos, thanks!

Two questions, because I'm not sure I'd want the cover installed full-time:

1) how long does the cover take to deploy and remove?

2) Does it fold compactly enough to fit in a storage area?

thanks,
ablank

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Cheetos,
thanks for sharing your pics. this is the only accessory i will definitely not be able to live without. i love taking my dog "Chico" swimming, but wet fur smell just doesn't compare to the smell of new car!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good point. What kind of labor is involved? Velcro straps, button fasteners, etc. I have a baby carseat and was wondering if it may or may not affect it during install and removal. Also, what kind of material is it made out of? Nylon, tarp material, etc?
Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: questions...

ablank said:
Cheetos, thanks!

Two questions, because I'm not sure I'd want the cover installed full-time:

1) how long does the cover take to deploy and remove?

2) Does it fold compactly enough to fit in a storage area?

thanks,
ablank
1). It takes me about 2 min to deploy and 1.5 min to remove and store.

2). It folds small enough to fit in the included bag then it can go to the storage compartment.

Here's a pic with the liner folded

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PolyTat

The liner is mostly attached by velcros (4 on each side and one under the latch of the floor storage. To keep it snug on the floor and 2nd row seats, there are small hard flaps that slide in between the floor and carpet back seat. As long as the baby carseat is on the 2nd row, installing or removing the liner will not be a problem. It's material is made of a very heavy duty nylon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
answer me this

Cheetos,

Thanks! However, how secure are the velcro strap stitchings?? Have they come to the point where you notice the stitching starting to pull or wear away from the nylon?? Perhaps you can take a picture of it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts