Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking deliver of my new black X (touring & nav) next week and was getting ready to order a bunch of accessories from Tim. This brought about several questions.

1. Difference between the cargo tray and the cargo liner? My last truck was an Xterra and I had the cargo tray and loved it. The liner seems to be more for "special" use of carrying wood, pets, etc. I also just got a new puppy who will eventually ride in the back. Anyone have any thoughts on which would fit my needs better- or both?

2. Just looking for general comments on the usefullness of the following:

cargo cover
cargo net
moonroof visor (I am 50/50 on this one)
tailgate deflector
all-weather floormats.

I will probably order all of them from Tim. He seems to be a great guy and much more pleasant than the local dealers.

My dealer already threw in the side molding & mud guard.

Thanks for any comments- this forum has been a huge help to reinforce my purchase decision in the three months of waiting!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have most of the accessories you have mentioned...

I use both the cargo tray and matt. Matt is rubber and only covers the floor area behind the second row of seats. I like it because when Fido gets it with wet/muddy paws I can simply pull it out and hose it down. I also use the cargo liner as well. It is made of a tough nylon type fabric and covers the entire rear of the X, including the top and back of the second row seats and the sides of the rear area. I love the liner because of the ease with which it can be vacuumed. Again, Fido sheds and the liner makes for an easy vacuum job, whereas vacuuming the carpet is a real pain. I also use the separation net to keep Fido in his proper place, but many have said on the forum that smaller dogs are able to get past them. I have an 80 lb GSD, who stays in the rear.

I also bought a cargo cover, which sits on my garage wall and was only installed once. While I imagine it is usefull, I have found that it does not work very well with the dog stuff.

The moonroof visor was a compromise with my wife. I like to ride with the moonroof open while she does not. The wind musses up her hair. The visor cuts down significantly on the breeze that comes in to the cabin. Also allows you to open it in the rain for some fresh air with no wetness.

Tailgate deflector has been discussed ad nausium on this board, and there is a split between those that have it for appearance and those that perceive it has fuction. Do a search and you can read it all.

All weather floormats are great and like the cargo matt allow for easy cleanup.

Great choice of color! You may want to order a supply of Zaino so that your Black X looks its best!
You will love the Nav...best toy of all!

Welcome to X land and above all...enjoy!

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I agree with Maik.

I use both cargo tray and cargo liner together. My wife has a green thumb, so we transport plants, ect. The tray is easy to hose or wipe off, and the liner is the perfect second line of defense against dirt and debris.

I only remove the cargo cover if I utilize the 3rd row seats, otherwise it is a fixture.

The moon roof visor is also valuable. I has reduced the wind, noise and glare. I recommend it.

I haven't used the floormats yet. I'll take them out on a beach trip.

Prices:

I got the Cargo tray for $91 and the cargo liner for $57

·
Registered
96 Posts
I didn't realize that the moon roof produced wind noise. I guess I will look into the moon roof visor. How much is the visor?

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
WCTB said:
I didn't realize that the moon roof produced wind noise. I guess I will look into the moon roof visor. How much is the visor?
The noise without the visor was tolerable, however, after the visor install, the difference was dramatic. The main reason I got the visor was to cut down on the glare.

I got the visor for $47

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
check out . . .

WCTB said:
www.hondacuraworld.com

for pricing on genuine Acura MDX parts. Search other threads, there are plenty of positive comments and testimonials on the level of quality & service that this vendor provides.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: check out . . .

socalJD said:

www.hondacuraworld.com

for pricing on genuine Acura MDX parts. Search other threads, there are plenty of positive comments and testimonials on the level of quality & service that this vendor provides.
Ditto...

You may want to consider a full size spare as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts