Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Came to this forum after trying to find a box for my 2014 MDX with OEM Factory installed crossbars and figured I might save some people some time and say..... the Thule Force XT XL does NOT fit correctly. The tailgate won't open with the box mounted on the crossbars. I tried to shift the box as far forward as it will go, but the cutout molding on the box isn't long enough to accommodate the crossbars :(
I just got the Force XT and also donest fit??? what to do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recently purchased a 2015 MDX Advanced, really like the car, but factory roof racks seem to be a flaw. I have read various posts regarding the cargo boxes, but only see very limited information on what actually fits without interfering with fin or tailgate. I have visited the various manufacturers websites, and the below models are showing a fit using the factory racks, but doubtful the larger capacities actually do fit. If anyone out there has confirmation of the largest capacity cargo box that fits without interference, please advise.

Thule Hyper XL(17cuft)
Thule Force Alpine (12cuft) - not large enough for my needs
Thule Force L (16cuft)
Thule Motion XT L (16cuft)- this is not listed on mfg. site as a fit, but read in forum it fits with some foam on back rack, any other confirms?
Yakima Showcase 20 (20cuft)
Yakima Skybox 16 (16cuft)
Yakima Skybox 18 (18cuft)
Yakima Skybox 21 (21cuft)

Thanks,
VAGator
Reaching out again to see if anyone has had success with mounting the Thule Force L cargo box on the Gen3 factory racks, please let me know. If any larger carrier is confirmed, would also like to know this as well.

Thanks,
VAGAtor
i just bought a force XL and not fit, so frustrating

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all the great information here! I have an 2019 MDX and planning to install OEM Rails/cross bars. I am thinking about buying Thule Force XT L for it. Just checking to see if anyone has experience with this setup as I see posts of a similar setup on older models here. Also, Does anyone has experience with using Yakima Skybox 16 on such a setup? Thanks in advance.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts