Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 MDX, honestly just bought it. 130k miles. All maintenance done at Acura.

Battery last replaced 1/2015 @ 60k miles, Acura battery.

Will these codes clear themselves, P0339 was the code the car gave me. Should I just clear the CEL with an OBD2 reader?

Anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I would bet it’s your Acura OEM battery. They are junk. They are made to die within 2 years so they can sale you more batteries. Get interstate battery ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
38 Posts

Will these codes clear themselves, P0339 was the code the car gave me. Should I just clear the CEL with an OBD2 reader?

I suggest everyone with an Android download the Torque app on your phone and buy a Bluetooth dongle that plugs into your OBD port. This will allow you to monitor all your vital signs and clear codes on the fly. Works great for me. Pull codes up and online TS very easy. Best of Luck.......

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

I had the same problem like yours so many times. Just disconnect the battery and wait one minute and reconnect it back should clear all the codes unless there is a bad battery or there is other problem then the codes will come back. I think your bat is on the way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Nice, two P0339 cases in the past two weeks. Since the previous guy never bother to show up again, can we assume he fixed the problem with a new battery? Please guys, be a little helpful and report the results afterwards. Don't just disappear until coming across another problem next time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, well, well. This (Christmas Lights) happened to me yesterday. Tried to start MDX.....tick, tick, tick. Got out my favorite portable battery jumper device and started the vehicle.....No problem. Now the strange thing.....The dash board looked like it was Christmas. Blinking, flashing, and solid lites everywhere. So, had to be a battery, based on what I know when a vehicle wont start or clicks. That was it.... Batteries general don't last 5 years and I knew exactly what is was. My battery is 5 years next month.....I made it for 4 years, 11 months. Replaced battery and everything was fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will report back. I will try and replace the battery tomorrow most likely. I wonder if there is any prorated warranty from Acura.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You’re not going to get any prorated warranty for a nearly 5 year old battery.

Buy a new one and install it yourself to save some cash.

·
Registered
741 Posts
This battery is in its end of life. Get it replaced.

The OEM battery typically lasts 4-5 years (I'm on my fourth year currently on the OEM battery as well, it's still good). If you live in a colder place, I suggest you get an AGM battery from COSTCO. I hear they are good. That's what I'm going to get when mine fails.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw advance auto has

AGM 710 CCA for $199

OR

non AGM with 750 CCA for $159

is the AGM worth it with less CCA for more money?

my car has tech package only and both batteries have 3 year warranty. I expect/hope to keep the car 4 years or so.

Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
so this 100 month warranty means nothing?!
Where the hell are you people getting these 100 months warranty batteries from Acura? Only 60 months for us here.

Also, didn't get your question. If your battery fails before the warranty expires, Acura will replace it at a prorated cost.

My latest 60 months warranty OEM Acura battery is on its fourth year, doing good so far.

Note that if you keep deep discharching your battery, it will fail prematurely for sure.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
View attachment 113942
so this 100 month warranty means nothing?!
The believe you should be able to get some compensation from Acura for that battery. However, you need to pay for another overpriced OEM battery at the same time. So in the end, there is no benefit to be extracted. Just forget about it and move on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I replaced with the AA AGM Platinum 710 CCA for $199 Retail.

Codes all cleared themselves after a cold start or two.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts