Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm a north of your state border neighbor. MDX is 1st generation dark blue. I always use a very good local soft cloth auto car wash (not by choice - & yes, arguable if there is even such a thing... :) ) with always undercarriage wash & the recently added ceramic coating (another topic...) & semi-annual exterior detailing. All that works for me. But again, it's 1st generation with battle scars. So, little scratches don't even show... :) Not that I care; 18 years old with 160+ miles. I am surprised the ceramic coating works especially well for my MDX; get frequent compliments for such an older vehicle. But, I also know doesn't work for everyone. Like others here say, nothing beats doing the TLC yourself. But, if that's not an option...
Wow you added a ceramic coating to a FIRST GEN MDX!?!?! Zowie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For what its worth touchless is definitely garbage. It washed away the salt but boy do i have water spots

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
In colder climates such as yours aren't there detailers with indoor facilities that can do a hand wash out of the cold? I've never really heard of such but it just seems there should be such places.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
In colder climates such as yours aren't there detailers with indoor facilities that can do a hand wash out of the cold? I've never really heard of such but it just seems there should be such places.
Yea but i cant imagine doing that 2 or 3 times a month....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use the touchless car wash and it seems to work just fine. Just have to remember to fold the mirrors in because it's a tight fit otherwise. Washing it on my own isn't much of an option during the winter in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Salt isn't an issue for me out in NM. If it was, I would get one of those $50 undercarriage sprayers on rollers you attached to a home pressure washer. I have the pressure washer, tankless water heater in the garage with hot/cold connections, and 100ft water hose to spray the undercarriage away from my driveway.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts