Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Car Vibrations

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DunstableCabs 
#1 ·
When the car is stopped but the engine is still running, does anyone sense the slight vibration on the pedal and steering wheel coming from the engine? Also, when I turn on the A/C, the vibrations become more noticeable. Is this normal?

Thanks

#3 ·
Mine does not do that. You should have your dealer take a look at it.

#5 ·
I think he meant that he doesn't feel the vibrations.

What do you mean when you ask if the A/C can be heard when it engages? Is it a loud click? Is it a THUD? Is it something else?

I know that for this car and every other car I have had, you can hear the A/C engage, but it shouldn't be noticeable enough to interrupt a conversation you may be having. Either way, if you are going to the dealer to get anything checked out, you should mention everything and have them tell you it is normal.

If the warranty is going to be used, use it for everything it's worth!!

#6 ·
About the A/C, it's never that loud but I don't remember ever noticing it until now so I wasn't too sure if that was normal. About the vibration in the car while in idle, none of you all feel any sort of vibrations on the wheel. Is it perfectly still? I didn't really notice that before until now so I'm not sure if it is normal either. And how much engine noise can you hear from the outside?

#7 ·
superMDX said:
When the car is stopped but the engine is still running, does anyone sense the slight vibration on the pedal and steering wheel coming from the engine? Also, when I turn on the A/C, the vibrations become more noticeable. Is this normal?

Thanks
I see this thread kind of died out, but I have the same issue on a 2 month old 03. There is a definite vibration that can be felt at idle. Can feel it in the chassis through the seat and steering wheel. If I engage the A/C compressor it is even more noticeable. I've searched "vibration and idle" and there definitely seems to be an issue here.

The vibration is only present at idle.

#8 ·
I have absolutely no vibration. My MDX is so smooth I'm constantly trying to start it with the engine running, although I'm learning. I also took a few test drives in different vehicles and never noticed vibration in any of them.

#9 ·
The vibration I am speaking of is definitely from the A/C compressor. At idle, with the a/c off, there is no vibration. If you turn on the a/c compressor, there is a noticeable vibration that can be felt in the chassis, such as the steering wheel, the seat and the console armrest. I will have to address that at the first service.

#10 ·
Like others said, but the most common cause is that you need new tires and a broken belt is making one of them unbalanced, or that the alignment is off. A thrown (lost) wheel weight can cause vibration also, since the wheel is no longer balanced. A bent rim is the same, but much harder to fix. Related to that, a worn suspension bushing can CAUSE the alignment to be off, and should be fixed ASAP. As should bad tires.

#11 ·
I see this thread kind of died out, however I actually have the equal issue on a 2 month vintage 03. There is a precise vibration that may be felt at idle. Can sense it within the chassis through the seat and steering wheel. If I interact the A/C compressor it's miles even greater great. I've searched "vibration and idle" and there sincerely appears to be an difficulty here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.