Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum but I’ve been doing some reading. My car stalled the other day and wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. I have a 2009 with about 190k. Has never given any problems since I got it and everything ran smooth till this point. I was driving and suddenly it loses power and stalls. I pulled over and tried to turn it back on but it won’t crank. There’s no noise of the starter and all the warning lights for awd, traction control and pressure sensor are on. Shifter was stuck in park until I pressed the small button in the whole. When in change gears the light on the dash will show the gear that I’m in but “D” is always on. It could be “D” and “R” or “D” and “P” but drive is always on. I have checked the long transparent fuses and they’re all good.
Thank you for for the help

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Probably transmission went kaput.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Check loose battery terminals

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Bad alternator/charging system issue. While driving the battery died and the car couldn't keep going. Put on a new battery and you can limp it a short distance home. Any longer and you'll kill the new battery. I had the same happen on my 2007 MDX a few years ago while driving home from work. Had to get it towed home; found the battery dead and a jump would keep the car running as long as the other car stayed on and connected.

Some of the electrical stuff will work since it's running on 5v or less, the ECU and other important stuff run on 12V so don't pay much attention to lights. I didn't even get a battery light while driving home when it happened.

2 years after that 1st alternator failure, the replacement alternator was causing voltage spikes and starting issues. Replaced it again and new battery cables (positive and negative) and it's been good since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts