Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our 03 MDX about 2 weeks now. First time SUV owners. We love the new car a lot. Have a question when rear facing baby car seat is installed in the center of second row, the shoulder strip/belt is kind of in the way for people seating on the left seat next to it. I am wondering is that any seat belt accessory without shoulder strip the MDX?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
No one ever told me that he/she is uncomfortable to sit right next to the BABY seat (the left one). I guess they are either to SHY to speak out or they had too much fun with the baby. :p

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
There's no lap-only deal. Ya gotta use the whole thing. I'd suggest using one of those gold no-slip clips (that no doubt came w/your seat) -- you know, the one you attach to the lap portion about 1"-2" from the clip/buckle itself...and leave the ceiling-drop-down shoulder piece LOOSE (rather than using the self-locking mechanism). The pax on the left side can lean back and the belt will give way. That's what we did.

Alternately, you could use a LATCH-capable seat and skip the belting altogether. If so, use the 2 innermost LATCH attachments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts