Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

My fwd 2014 mdx didn't come with a jack. Can use 2016 Accord sedan jack to lift my mdx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Probably not when your MDX breaks down in place and your Accord is in another place along with its jack.

Alright, that wasn't a very technical response. I don't know what the Accord jack is like but the MDX is higher off the ground and likely has more suspension travel which will mean both a higher starting point for the jack and a higher lift needed. The best way to answer the question is to try it, assuming you already have the Accord jack. Make sure you try both at the front and the rear since suspension travel likely won't be the same at each end.

If I was you I'd just go ahead and buy an MDX jack either from a junkyard/eBay or from a discount Acura parts dealer online. Alternatively I might buy a bottle jack if a suitable one can be found - i.e. with the right lift capabilities.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Why no jack? I wouldn't buy a vehicle without one.....well, maybe if it had run flats...not sure if my Brides Z4 has a jack or not.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Will it even work? The Accord sits way lower so perhaps the jack will not raise the MDX enough to clear the wheels?

·
Registered
962 Posts
2014 AWD has spare and jack. FWD does not.

I guess that they think all those AWD models will be run in the Baja 1000?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Or the AWDs are strewn across the frozen wastelands of the north...

I think some models come with a can of fix-a-flat, and perhaps a crappy little 12V air compressor.

But Honda/Acura will sell you a kit with the spare tire rim, jack, and lug wrench. Or find a suitable donor wreck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts