Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have DVD players for your car or have researched them, which one is the best and why? I see that many of them have mp3 playback. I cannot find how you select the file you want to play. Is this done from on-screen menus? Also, anyone try VCD or SVCD with any of these units?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should be clear that I am looking for information on the DVD players that mount under the seat and hook up to an external display -- Not the all-in-one dvd/lcd setups.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Take a look at www.theautoaccessories.com and www.savinglots.com (under mobile video). I'm doing my install of the Power Acoustik PADVD-80 next Thursday. It plays DVD/VCD/MP3. I will let you know about the playback. I've purchased it, and it looks really good. It's even got a brushed aluminum face, very nice...

·
Registered
48 Posts
check out the sony and the kenwood DVD changers...they also play mp3's and most likely vcd's if price is not a problem. both are 10 disc changers.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I tried DVD, VCD and MP3 on the player I got

TC,

I had the Power Acoustik PADVD-80 installed. It plays DVDs and VCDs alike. I tried both. Both are of great quality. For MP3 playback, the sound quality is excellent, however as you can tell from the pic on the thread I've attached, the file name does not show up. But it beats having to carry a portable around...

MDXtrous

Pics link:
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5662&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts