Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a posting in a thread on the Edmunds site which stated that Car & Driver has recently released a mid-size SUV comparison with the following results:

1. Touraeg v8
2. GX470
3. MDX
4. X5 3.0
5. XC90
6. Aviator
7. Discovery
8. Envoy

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't get this months issue either, so I don't know. Maybe it's on the news stands.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Arzoo said:
I didn't get this months issue either, so I don't know. Maybe it's on the news stands.
Why is it that subscribers always get their issue late? Heck, the newsstands get it before we subscribers do. Motor Trend is always early but C&D is always late. Sometimes, I get to read C&D at the grocery before I get my issue. ARRRGGGHHH!!! C&D distributions SUCKS!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Are you talking about the.....

yzthumper said:
Amazing! The Disco finished higher than dead-last in a comparison for the first time ever!
........Car & Driver test?? :confused: .....Is this the latest issue and is it on bookstands now??

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here's the link for the car and driver test - no suprises- the MDX came out on top!:2:

www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/comparisontests/2000/December/200012_comparisontest_designerutes.xml

2003 SS MDX

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
hammerX said:
Here's the link for the car and driver test - no suprises- the MDX came out on top!:2:

www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/comparisontests/2000/December/200012_comparisontest_designerutes.xml

2003 SS MDX
That's 2 yrs old...

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
hammerX said:
My apologies...:bonk:
Well, I *did* click on it :D :bonk:
I haven't rec'd my C&D yet either :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
... and is it accurate? They say " Between the wheel wells, you can flatten a piece of plywood four feet wide." I thought this was true for the Pilot but not the MDX.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
crikey said:

Why is it that subscribers always get their issue late? Heck, the newsstands get it before we subscribers do. Motor Trend is always early but C&D is always late. Sometimes, I get to read C&D at the grocery before I get my issue. ARRRGGGHHH!!! C&D distributions SUCKS!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I'm a MotorTrend subscriber and I had mind yesterday (YES!!!!) and they had the Car of the year test, Land Rover Discovery VS. Lexus GX 470 VS. Lincoln Avator, Dodge Grand Caravan VS. Honda Odssey VS. Kia Sodona.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
crikey said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I'm a MotorTrend subscriber and I had mind yesterday (YES!!!!). For this month they had the Car of the year test, Land Rover Discovery VS. Lexus GX 470 VS. Lincoln Avator and Dodge Grand Caravan VS. Honda Odssey VS. Kia Sodona.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's true

soon said:
... and is it accurate? They say " Between the wheel wells, you can flatten a piece of plywood four feet wide." I thought this was true for the Pilot but not the MDX.

I put 4 sheets of 4x8 drywall in the back of the X. It does fit flat between the wheel wells. The problem was the back hatch; it narrows at the bottom so the sheets couldn't quite lie flat. In fact, I ripped the black rubber gasket around the hatch opening when putting the sheet's in there. Oh well. . . . it's just a car.:(

·
Registered
218 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I'm a MotorTrend subscriber and I had mind yesterday (YES!!!!) and they had the Car of the year test, Land Rover Discovery VS. Lexus GX 470 VS. Lincoln Avator, Dodge Grand Caravan VS. Honda Odssey VS. Kia Sodona.
Just yesterday? I had my Motor Trend since Friday. Motor Trend is pretty good with subscribers. But the C&D has yet to arrive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CAR AND DRIVER (from a long time lurker new MDX owner first time poster)

I'm holding it in my hand right now! The new CAR and Driver that is!! The list is correct accept the Aviator and the Volvo T6 tied for 5th place. I thought it was intresting the Lexus beat the MDX by only 1 point in the judging and it costs about $12,000 more WOW! The Volkswagon sounds intresting for those who like a european flair with their SUV but the legendary Honda reliability makes a far better purchase I.M.O.
0-60 time has improved to 7.8 seconds from 8.1 seconds since the last Car and Driver comparo.
Anyway, thanks to all of you for you time and input on this outstanding web site!I picked up my 2003 premium white MDX 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I drove through 2 feet of unplowed snow on my way home from skiing (live in Colorado) and the MDX was unstopable. GREAT VEHICLE
THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear your 'X is performing well, I'm looking forward to mine :D

I agree it's a far better purchase :4:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
BMyers, first off, thanks for that info!...

BMyers said:
I'm holding it in my hand right now! The new CAR and Driver that is!! The list is correct accept the Aviator and the Volvo T6 tied for 5th place. I thought it was intresting the Lexus beat the MDX by only 1 point in the judging and it costs about $12,000 more WOW! The Volkswagon sounds intresting for those who like a european flair with their SUV but the legendary Honda reliability makes a far better purchase I.M.O.
0-60 time has improved to 7.8 seconds from 8.1 seconds since the last Car and Driver comparo.
Anyway, thanks to all of you for you time and input on this outstanding web site!I picked up my 2003 premium white MDX 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I drove through 2 feet of unplowed snow on my way home from skiing (live in Colorado) and the MDX was unstopable. GREAT VEHICLE
THANKS AGAIN!
However, I'm assuming they tested the 2003 MDX, Right?? .....hopefully, unlike Road & Track which in it's latest issue goes and tests the 2002 model :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
CAR and DRIVER

Yes, C & D's comparo was using the 2003 MDX. Also, intresting to note interior noise levels at a 70 m.p.h. cruise dropped to 67dBA from 69dBA in the 2001 MDX.
Which matched the 2003 Lexus.

0-60 times
1.Aviator 7.4 (V8)
2.Touareg 7.5 (V8)
3.GX 470 7.7 (V8)
4.MDX 7.8 (V6)
5.X5 8.1 (V6)
6.ENVOY 8.2 (V6)
7.XC90 T6 8.5 (V6)
8.DISCOVERY 9.2 (V8)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Thanks!, now I'm waiting for the issue...

BMyers said:
Yes, C & D's comparo was using the 2003 MDX. Also, intresting to note interior noise levels at a 70 m.p.h. cruise dropped to 67dBA from 69dBA in the 2001 MDX.
Which matched the 2003 Lexus.

0-60 times
1.Aviator 7.4 (V8)
2.Touareg 7.5 (V8)
3.GX 470 7.7 (V8)
4.MDX 7.8 (V6)
5.X5 8.1 (V6)
6.ENVOY 8.2 (V6)
7.XC90 T6 8.5 (V6)
8.DISCOVERY 9.2 (V8)
.......to appear on newsstands. So far I've been to Borders and Barnes&Nobles and it was not avialable yet...

1 - 20 of 91 Posts