Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone in the So Cal area recommend a good car audio installation shop. I'm thinking about getting the Alpine 6 disc changer and the Peripheral adapter at an online retailer and just letting the shop install it for me.

·
Registered
738 Posts
kpt_1 said:
could anyone in the So Cal area recommend a good car audio installation shop. I'm thinking about getting the Alpine 6 disc changer and the Peripheral adapter at an online retailer and just letting the shop install it for me.

Over the past 15 years I've had half a dozen cars from my extended family worked on at 3 different Al & Ed's locations. 80% of their business is car alarms and audio installations. I've done business with other shops, but either they were too high end, or too low end, and A & E seemed to be the most consistent. My experience has been that they perform good basic work, they wrap everything up and try to make it look stock, are careful about preventing tooling marks, and charge a fair and reasonable price. Know a few acquaintances that have used their services and have been satisfied. Funny thing about audio & alarm installations, its like a replacement hair job, you don't notice the good jobs, only the bad ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Over the past 15 years I've had half a dozen cars from my extended family worked on at 3 different Al & Ed's locations. 80% of their business is car alarms and audio installations. I've done business with other shops, but either they were too high end, or too low end, and A & E seemed to be the most consistent. My experience has been that they perform good basic work, they wrap everything up and try to make it look stock, are careful about preventing tooling marks, and charge a fair and reasonable price. Know a few acquaintances that have used their services and have been satisfied. Funny thing about audio & alarm installations, its like a replacement hair job, you don't notice the good jobs, only the bad ones.
I do it myself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts