Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 MDX's alarm keeps going off randomly. We have had to keep it unlocked to avoid it happening. It's at the dealership now and they said it might be the hood latch? They offered two options $300 parts + 2 hours labor to replace latch? Or think $100 to turn off the alarm system? What are my options? Looks like the latch is $80 online? How hard is it to replace and is this the problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I didn't realize the hood had an alarm until I reached into the rolled down driver side window to pop the hood to check the oil a while back.

Have you checked with local car audio/alarm shops? They might be able to disable the hood alarm and add an aftermarket system with motion, remote start, fob alarm, etc... for the same or less price Acura would charge to fix. You wouldn't need the hood alarm if you have a motion alarm for the whole vehicle. The Acura alarm doesn't have motion or glass break sensors; which, makes the alarm more of a loud nuisance for the owner compared to stopping the dumbest thieves.

A lot of Acura owners had "smash and grab", stolen, or found their vehicles on blocks with the cheap factory alarm.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had the same issue with my ?07, and I just disconnected the hood latch sensor! Fixed my problem right away!

Pop the hood, and right under the hood latch there is a connector. Just disconnect that, and your problem is fixed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts