Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been buying from Amazon for over a decade, never once received a questionably counterfeit product. I ordered two Philips D2S Bulbs and these showed up:

These are straight from Amazon, not a 3rd party:

Amazon's listing shows the product with the COA:

Amazon is sending me two more "to see what shows up", due to the sheer size and automation of the company, they cant get someone at the warehouse to use their smartphone to send a picture to the customer service rep.

If they continue to send me ones that dont show the original COA, I imagine its time to order from a different company, perhaps Xenon Depot? I found they have them for $70 a pop:
D2S - Philips 85122 HID Bulb

Any other recommendations for an authorized dealer? I really want to stay OEM and genuine because pulling the grill/bumper/etc off to get to these things then fighting with that one headlight assembly bolt by the fender is not fun. The Amazon ones may be in fact genuine, and if they are they are probably not intended to be sold to Consumers. Even Philips site makes a big deal about the "magic numbers" and COA etc.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Have you seen this thread: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/98369-gen-2-hid-replacement-walkthrough.html

It has list a couple of alternatives to OEM and another site you can order what you need. I did the Amazon thing and ordered the Osram Xenarc 66240 D2S CBI Bulbs (Pair) for about $70 each. They were a upgrade to the OEM bulbs in my 11 MDX. I was also able to insert the bulbs without taking off the front bumper. It took me a while to figure it out and you need a small mirror (like a make-up compact mirror) and a good light source to get everything lined up for the HID clips. I was able to do it with hands big enough to palm a basketball. I wish the HIDs were as easy to replace like the old low/high beam halogen bulbs. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts