Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't expect to see the Cancel Appointment feature on the headunit as I never bothered by it, since I'm literally old school and use the ancient relic called a telephone. But, when I tried this feature out while at a super long red light, it gave me an message "Unable to Connect to Server". This error would repeat itself each try. Any idea of what this could be?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
You have never been able to send out any messages of any kind. Just like you can’t reply to text messages. Nothing outbound.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Do you have Acuralink active? It could also be the crappy network connection. It might have timed out trying to connect if you do have Acuralink. I'm usually about 90%-95% able to connect to Acuralink depending on my location.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have Acuralink active? It could also be the crappy network connection. It might have timed out trying to connect if you do have Acuralink. I'm usually about 90%-95% able to connect to Acuralink depending on my location.
I do have the Acuralink subscription active. Although, its only the connect subscription. Would this feature be available in the "Premium" option?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I do have the Acuralink subscription active. Although, its only the connect subscription. Would this feature be available in the "Premium" option?
I don't know? I also have the connect level of Acuralink. I've never tried to schedule an appoint from the MDX or smartphone app. I use my dealership's website to set appointments (I can type faster on a full size keyboard compared to smartphone).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I don’t believe it will ever work.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I don’t believe it will ever work.
You would think the MDX/Acuralink would give you the option of using your smartphone first and Acuralink data second for data? Acuralink isn't the very good and the customer service reps all act like I'm bothering them if I call with an issue. I sometimes have to call 4-5 times so I can get a rep that wasn't a former employee of the DMV.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You would think the MDX/Acuralink would give you the option of using your smartphone first and Acuralink data second for data? Acuralink isn't the very good and the customer service reps all act like I'm bothering them if I call with an issue. I sometimes have to call 4-5 times so I can get a rep that wasn't a former employee of the DMV.
I feel you w/ the CS reps. I had to call multiple times to set this up earlier in the year and they charged 2x to my CC because the first person who set up my account originally, botched my email.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts