Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to make a left-hand turn and tried to turn down the volume (touring package) using the steering wheel controls while the wheel was turned. The steering wheel volume controls did not work until I made the turn and straightened the wheel. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Echo said:
I went to make a left-hand turn and tried to turn down the volume (touring package) using the steering wheel controls while the wheel was turned. The steering wheel volume controls did not work until I made the turn and straightened the wheel. Anyone else experience this?
Echo,
Not to sound too self rightous but why would you want to fool around with volume controls while making a turn. It would behoove you from a MDX and life preservation perspective to keep your attention focused on making the turn and not your stereo volume. This forum cringes everytime we hear about a member having an accident with their new MDX. However, if you choose not to heed my advice, when turning it is faster to turn the volume knob than fiddle with the steering wheel volume control.:D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Some Road Research

echo,
Curiosity got the better part of me over the basic instinct for survival. I made a left turn with the radio on and half way through the turn pressed the volume button a couple of times and it worked. You either have a problem with yours or as rob74 said you might have pressed the cruise control buttons by mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
remery
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing