Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once a destination is in the Nav computer, anyone know how to cancel it? Don't say press the cancel button. That doesn't work on mine. It's a real pain if you change your mind and start to go somewhere else. The system just keeps giving instructions. I don't want to put in the new destination, just cancel the current one and go back to the map mode. Can't seem to find the right combination of buttons, requests, or inputs. :8:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Canceling a 2003 Navi Destination

When I'm on a map to a Destination, I just say "Main Menu" and the "Change Method" screen opens up (the Owners Manual says to use "Change Method" command). From the "Change Method" menu just say "Cancel Current Route." It works Great.

Took me 2 weeks to figure this one out. The Navi Owners Manual wasn't clear to me on this command at first. But now that I'm getting into more than just the basic commands (sit, stay, heal, come, etc.), the Voice Command System commands on pages 91 to 102 are starting to make sense. After you test this instruction, go back to page 92 and follow the chart logic for "Cancel Current Route." After I started doing this, all of the initially confusing charts fell into place for me.

Let me know if this works for you. I'm going back to the garage to visit my baby and I'll look for your post later.

vcolangelo

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
On the 01/02 you just press menu twice and it cancels the trip. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
vcolangelo said:
Canceling a 2003 Navi Destination
Let me know if this works for you. I'm going back to the garage to visit my baby and I'll look for your post later.
:21: :19:

I know EXACTLY how you feel :4:

By the way, thank you both for helping me feel less stupid for the fact that I was having trouble figuring out how to do that. The funny part is saying "cancel current route" on the normal map screen somehow gets interpreted as "Turn off post offices" :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Fuzzy Logic

LOL
The computer is programed to take the best and closest guess if it cannot figure out what to do, so called "fuzzy logic". You will find that it will institute an action to your command that is as close as it can find. Often this action will have a similar number of syllables as in your command.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mlkeller said:

:21: :19:

I know EXACTLY how you feel :4:

By the way, thank you both for helping me feel less stupid for the fact that I was having trouble figuring out how to do that. The funny part is saying "cancel current route" on the normal map screen somehow gets interpreted as "Turn off post offices" :confused: :rolleyes:
Thanks everyone.

BTW, I got the "turn off postoffices" also. I have tried the pressing menu twice and then pressing Cancel Current Route. I'll try the voice commands tomorrow.

Again, thank you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
To stop the NAV from giving instructions, just go to Menu and select "Plan a New Trip". This puts it back in the default start screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts