Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
BarryH, I agree - To each there (sic) own

Yes, I am enjoying spending the $2,500 I saved by buying Canadian.

"Most definitely I would not get manufacture support?" I already have, so I guess that response is wrong too.

Please don't post silly things like it is illegal to import Canadian cars to the U.S. unless you can back it up - which you were not able to do, and you won't be able to do, because it is not correct. Honda, Acura, could care less if you import the vehicle. Why would it bother them?

If I have major problems with my allegedly non-warranted vehicle, I might have to pay for it myself. So what? I am a gambling man, and I like the odds. Besides, I can spend $2,500 and still come out even.

· Registered
39 Posts
Yes, I am happy. I had seen that post about the guy who had the Canadian vehicle and could not get it fixed. I don't know how much it cost to fix, if he ever fixed it, but I still think it would be far less than $2,500. Also, if I had the same problem, and Acura would not warranty it, then I am sure an Acura dealer would be happy to fix my vehicle because I would be paying cash. However, I doubt I would take it to an Acura dealership if I had to pay for it. I have always found the better quality mechanics to work at private shops. I have been especially happy with the shops that specialize in Hondas and Subarus. They seem to try harder to me.

When I was shopping for an MDX a dealer I went to used a Canadian model for a demo. The sales manager told me if they had to do warranty work on the vehicle, they would have to take it to Canada to have it repaired. According to my reading of the warranty, it would not be warranted because it is not registered to a person living in Canada. It is a very grey area, and I am sure some day it will be tested in the courts. It will be an interesting case - much more complex than the simplistic reading people on this board give it. Until that happens I will hope my MDX runs smoothly, but if there are problems, I certainly will not lose any sleep over it. Like I said before, I am a gambling man, and I think the odds are with me on this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.