Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the 2003 MDX is finally updated on the Canadian Acura website, which is www.acura.ca.

So we can finally see the MSRP for accessories too!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finally! I've only been checking everyday!
Now only if we can get those X's rolling out the factory door again!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Stevecalg:

___I sure love the Canadian X’s Slate Grey that’s posted ;) To bad you can’t get any of the exterior colors available w/ the new Quartz interior :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Jetta_tls:
Why is our site so simple.
___That’s an easy one … It is because us Southerners pay an additional $7,335 more per MDX so that we can brag about how nice the US Acura web site is with all of the pretty MDX pictures. Think of it as an “American style” forced - manufacturer installed option ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the DVD Entertainment system not available in Canada? I cannot find it in the Personalise your Acura page.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xcel said:
Hi Stevecalg:

___I sure love the Canadian X’s Slate Grey that’s posted ;) To bad you can’t get any of the exterior colors available w/ the new Quartz interior :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]
The Slate Grey also comes with a 'Stone Leather' interior. I wonder if this is the same as Quartz or unique to Canada too?

I met with my salesperson this evening and he looked at the updated website for the first time. What I also found interesting was that many Canadians have ordered the Sage Brush Pearl (which we were told would be offered here) and it now isn't even available here. He wasn't yet sure what color would be on their order. Some people may be understandably a little upset...:(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Slate Grey

Yeah, I think we all know we're looking at Sage Brush Pearl here. Perhaps Acura Canada is thinking the average Joe Canada can't really identify with sagebrush as well as slate (probably true).

For those who want to compare, here is a link (originally posted by Bruin MDX) where they show Sage Brush Pearl
http://autos.yahoo.com/showcase/acura2.html#

What really made me happy is the addition of CHROME SPORTBARS :18:
(If you look at acura.ca under Personalize -> Exterior Features, there are Running Boards, Sportbars, and Chrome Sportbars/Sidesteps)

:drool: Mmmmm.... Shiiinnyyy....

BTW I think they are calling the new Quartz interior "Stone Leather"

If anyone gets the Canadian Brochure please let me know!

·
Registered
48 Posts
DVD in Canada

klo said:
Is the DVD Entertainment system not available in Canada? I cannot find it in the Personalise your Acura page.
Nope! Looks like its aftermarket for us:3:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Slate Grey

Nebulus II said:
Yeah, I think we all know we're looking at Sage Brush Pearl here. Perhaps Acura Canada is thinking the average Joe Canada can't really identify with sagebrush as well as slate (probably true).

For those who want to compare, here is a link (originally posted by Bruin MDX) where they show Sage Brush Pearl
http://autos.yahoo.com/showcase/acura2.html#

What really made me happy is the addition of CHROME SPORTBARS :18:
(If you look at acura.ca under Personalize -> Exterior Features, there are Running Boards, Sportbars, and Chrome Sportbars/Sidesteps)

:drool: Mmmmm.... Shiiinnyyy....

BTW I think they are calling the new Quartz interior "Stone Leather"

If anyone gets the Canadian Brochure please let me know!

The Sage Brush Pearl I saw before in the US brochure pics posted did not look like that (of course the pics in the "personalize" section of the website do not do a lot of the colors justice). I would agree Sage Brush Pearl = Slate Grey.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Stevecalg and Nebules:

___That Stone Gray sure looks like Quartz to me as well. And OEM Chrome side steps! There is nothing like those chrome side steps available from Acura down here. At least on the Acura site anyway. Damn … You guys have all the luck!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Chrome Side Steps

xcel

Look closer at acura.com

Although not listed separately, when you "Build your own" MDX, the close up picture looks like chrome or stainless steel (the little one they add on to the picture of the X is still black).

I was holding my breath when I saw this, and now that it is on acura.ca I would probably think it is extremely likely that OEM Chrome side steps will be available Stateside too.

I think it will look oh-so-groovy with those new metal step plates.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi NebulusII:

___I was looking at that a few days ago … The US site has still does not offer chrome as far as a choice but than again, they still don’t show the Quartz for the X’s interiors yet either? OEM Chromed side steps were mentioned by someone in the forum when the 03 X pictures were first posted a few weeks ago but it was debated whether it was a simple reflection off the SS body I believe? I looked at the price difference (Black to Chrome) on the Canadian site and its only ~ $132.00 USD so maybe we will have the opportunity to pick up the side steps in Chrome eventually and with that small a difference, it would be worth it for many. I have black on order right now through Tim to ship to a powder coater for a bright silver finish but if I were offered Chrome, I would definitely go with that and save the expense of the silver powder coat as an aftermarket touch …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
xcel said:
Hi NebulusII:

___I was looking at that a few days ago … The US site has still does not offer chrome as far as a choice but than again, they still don’t show the Quartz for the X’s interiors yet either? ... I have black on order right now through Tim to ship to a powder coater for a bright silver finish but if I were offered Chrome, I would definitely go with that and save the expense of the silver powder coat as an aftermarket touch …

xcel,

As far as I know (and someone may flame me for this) Acura Canada doesn't offer any options (so far) that aren't available in the U.S. Therefore if chrome side steps are truly going to be an option in Canada, I really would be surprised if you were unable to get them in the States.

If not, I am sure that an enterprising man such as Tim probably could set something up. From searching through the threads on Maniks vs. OEM's there is obviously a demand for chrome. Acura seems to have paid attention to a lot of little finishing touches on the '03 (I was glad to hear about the e-brake alarm), perhaps this is another one. :4:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just go to ask the dealer today. The 2003 MDX will be arrived in the end of this month. It is confirmed there is no DVD Entertainment system for the Canada version.

Does anyone know a good Entertainment in the afermarket?

Thx.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Buying MDX in the BC

Thanks for the reply to my questions.

Anyone of you has ordered the 03 MDX in BC? Do u know how long is the waiting list? Which dealer is good? I go to the Richmond Acura and the sales said they have a long waiting list for the 03 model already.

Does any current owner has shopped from the http://www.hondacuraworld.com/? I find the accessories are cheaper than that shown in the acura.ca site even after exchange rate. I am wondering if it delivers to Canada or not and if it needs to clear the custom.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts