Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Took delivery of my 2017 MDX Navi and recently found out that there are many voice command that does not works (especially for the navigation). I notice that on some videos (USA), voice can be used to dictated a destination. Anyone knows how we can enable this for our canadian SUV ?

Thanks
Bo

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Acura has been changing the voice commands with different software versions. You need to refer to the correct iteration of your manuals to make sure you have the correct voice command instructions. Many of the videos are old.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
It seem "Navigation [Address] / [Place Name]" are only available for US (seems like a rather silly omission). I wonder if NAV entry (via touchscreen) is disabled on Canadian models (as they are in US versions). Attached is Voice Commands from 2017 MDX USA

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Thanks for posting! Are you sure it is a software version vs Canada vs USA maps as I too experienced the same problem after picking up my 2017 mdx elite. My navigation voice command does not have the ability to bring up addresses via voice command the navigation menu only input of address via manual input when the car is stopped . I asked my local dealership Acura sherway and they were not unaware of the problem but offered no help other than say please refer to your manual!

If anyone has a solution for us Canadian users to navigate to an address via voice command it would greatly be appreciated. Can one not ask for a software update at an American dealership during an oil change as a work around.?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts