Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A neighbor up the street is selling his Blizzaks tires (no wheels) that he had on his Equinox, they are 235/55R18 100R. He only wants a $100 for them. Will these fit on the 2011 mdx with the stock wheels (I believe size is 255 /55/18) or will I have to buy a separate wheel set for this size?

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea with smaller diameter tires your speedo is going to show more than you're actually doing so your chances of inadvertently speeding are lower, which is of lesser concern than with larger than normal tires in which case the opposite is true.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
how about odometer? Will get too many miles as well?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well yea, technically the odometer and the trip meter will be a bit off too. It'll likely show a hair more miles driven than you actually have.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the feedback? Would you guys get the tires if it is a little bit smaller than stock? I was checking the local neighborhood ads and another driver has a 255 45 18 for sale.

Which of the 2 sizes would be recommended? Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
The 255/45/18 will be a shorter tire and affect your speedo more than the skinnier tire - about 4mph off from stock. The sidewall number (55) is actually a ratio and not a definitive measurement like the width is (255). In general, skinnier tires are better for cutting through the snow. I'd be more inclined to go with a 235/55/18 than a 255/45/18.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, i picked up the 235/55/18 blizzaks this morning, only had 900 miles on them. For $100, cant beat it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts