Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the "RR A/C Manual" button be inversed to have the rear climate control always OFF by default instead of ON? I usually turn off the rear cliamte control because I don't want the A/C blasting my baby in his carseat. And other passengers usually want the A/C off in the back when it's not hyupot which is often the case in my area.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I believe it's controlled by logic in the Climate Control Unit under the right side of the dashboard. The wiring diagrams show that all switches are momentary (closed when pushed, open when released), and it doesn't look like there's a safe way to do what you want -- safe meaning that it probably won't blow your controls. Sorry.

·
Registered
327 Posts
RR A/C Button

I need to double check, but my rear A/C is always off unless I push the button on the dash. It is in the off position anytime I start the engine, even if I pushed it on during the previous use. I'll verify later tonight.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: RR A/C Button

R Stevens said:
I need to double check, but my rear A/C is always off unless I push the button on the dash. It is in the off position anytime I start the engine, even if I pushed it on during the previous use. I'll verify later tonight.
Yeah, I suppose it's actually OFF by default, meaning automatic, not manual. I would like it to be manual by default so the A/C can be controlled by the rear controls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts