Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Trying to help my sister out. She has an 06 touring that the nav screen is finicky....intermittent .....sometimes it works and sometimes it wont respond to finger pushing. Given her explanation I am thinking maybe its just the screen.....maybe too many finger pushes in the same spot or something. This leads me to my question....can I just replace the nav screen with an ebay unit or does the screen have software that ties into the under the seat unit?????

Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you don't get any answers here I sugeest you ask on the Honda pilot forum at piloteers.com first gen mdx is the same as the 2003-2008 pilot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my sister is still having this issue with her NAV screen which is also the main menu screen not functioning correctly. It is time to replace......so my question remains.......does anyone know if I can buy a NAV screen on ebay and just replace the screen....or is this screen tied to the brain under the seat somehow?????

·
Registered
63 Posts
If the unit is made by Alpine they have a flat rate repair service. You send them the unit(s) with a check. Takes about a week.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
2012 Abalone Ave, Unit D.
Torrance, CA 90501

Phone: 1-800-421-2284 ext. 860407
Fax: 1-714-373-4822
Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. and 1:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M., P.S.T. Mon. - Fri.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan.....I appreciate that option. Still looking for answer to my question though. Can I buy any used screen and just install it and it will function fine or does the screen somehow have to be linked with radio or computer under the seat????

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure, but I think that the screens are year and model dependent; i.e. a non-nav screen does not work in a nav vehicle.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The screen must of of the same type that you replace.
I believe there are 4 models

(No Nav)
(Nav)
(Nav with Bose)
(Nav with Res)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ugh I now am getting an error that disk cannot be loaded or something. I tried with an older nav dvd and also used a dvd cleaning disk and I get the same error. I have an 05 with bose and res and there are none of these for sale anywhere so I'll probably have to contact alpine as well. Thanks for the contact info.

My guess is these units are not aging well as time goes on so I think we will see allot of new posts on these soon. Either for the DVD or the touchscreen.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks FORBIN.....thats the type of info i was looking for. If I go through Alpine I dont have to guess the right model or part number but will be without dash controls for a week. If I go EBAY ya just never know what your gunna get.
Can I assume if I set the AC to ON and say 70 degrees that it will keep that setting even without a screen for a week?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks FORBIN.....thats the type of info i was looking for. If I go through Alpine I dont have to guess the right model or part number but will be without dash controls for a week. If I go EBAY ya just never know what your gunna get.
Can I assume if I set the AC to ON and say 70 degrees that it will keep that setting even without a screen for a week?
My screen adjustment for fan speed and mode has never worked - it is greyed out and no one is able to determine why - possibly climate control module, but it doesn't matter - I can control the temperature from the button on the top physical display to make it go colder or hotter, but it runs on max on either. Unless you are picky about the direction of the fan, the physical button adjustment will suffice in the interim. I don't know why they incorporated all that fan control into the screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts