Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install a PC in my MDX?

I don't know how far this would work in reality. Please give it a thought and let me know the pros and cons.

Here is my idea.........

>>> Install a PC with about 120GB of hard disk and a DVD drive below the driver seat or behind the 3rd row seat

>>> Connect the PC using the power inverter

>>>Install a LCD monitor using the movable cradle between driver side and passenger side. So that the cradle can be moved all the sides. ( One of my friend has installed this in my 4Runner for his portable DVD player)

>>> Connect a navigation software and navigation unit in the PC

>>>Connect the PC to the head unit

Is this possible?

I can play heck of my mp3s from the hard disk, play ripped DVDs from the hard disk or use the DVD driver and use it for navigation. ALL DAMN THINGS IN ONE !!!!

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
218 Posts
maransm said:
Can I install a PC in my MDX?

I don't know how far this would work in reality. Please give it a thought and let me know the pros and cons.

Here is my idea.........

>>> Install a PC with about 120GB of hard disk and a DVD drive below the driver seat or behind the 3rd row seat

>>> Connect the PC using the power inverter

>>>Install a LCD monitor using the movable cradle between driver side and passenger side. So that the cradle can be moved all the sides. ( One of my friend has installed this in my 4Runner for his portable DVD player)

>>> Connect a navigation software and navigation unit in the PC

>>>Connect the PC to the head unit

Is this possible?

I can play heck of my mp3s from the hard disk, play ripped DVDs from the hard disk or use the DVD driver and use it for navigation. ALL DAMN THINGS IN ONE !!!!

What do you guys think?
Do you have a picture of the movable cradle?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tablet PC with cradle or velcro to the dash? Price is still steep on these tablet PCs, and the CPU is on the slow side, but it's ready to go out of the box. Plus the touch screen (or stylus) would be easier to navigate than mouse or keyboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts