Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a used 2012 MDX, I don't have the navigation or elite sound system, so I'm assuming I have the non-tech/advanced package. Will I be able to burn a cd with AAC and MP3 files and use it with the built in CD player? Also is there a USB slot somewhere where I can insert my flash drive with mp3/aac files and play directly from it?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I don't think the base MDX has the USB dongle in the center arm rest to plug in a USB stick or Apple/Android device, harddrive to store music, or bluetooth audio streaming? You may be stuck with XM/FM/AM/CD/AUX port only.

I can play MP3/ACC files from my inserted USB stick and it plays the same files over bluetooth audio streaming in my Adv model on my iPhone. I've noticed the ACC music sometimes cut in/out on some songs using the USB stick. Not sure if the MDX is having issues with ACC type files or a quality issues with those songs only? I haven't tried inserting burned CDs because of having USB, hard-drive music, and streaming audio available.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It should say "MP3 WMA" right above the cd slot if it has that capability. It says this on the '07-'09 base but not 100% sure on the '10+ Base models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts