Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to get our PA Group organized!

Please post here if you own an MDX or will own one later( I fall here as of today) and live in the state of PA.

Post your city/town, MDX color, options(Navigation and/or Touring package), date of delivery/order and accessories installed/future accessories. For the benefit of some members it might be beneficial to also list your experiences with your dealer.

Lets get this MDXing and see how big a group are we!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have conveyed my thanks to relsah whose idea this was and admin who made this happen immediately.
Apologies for this miss.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I second that!

Pittmdx said:
Its time to get our PA Group organized!

Please post here if you own an MDX or will own one later( I fall here as of today) and live in the state of PA.

Post your city/town, MDX color, options(Navigation and/or Touring package), date of delivery/order and accessories installed/future accessories. For the benefit of some members it might be beneficial to also list your experiences with your dealer.

Lets get this MDXing and see how big a group are we!!!
Let's start the ball rolling!

- Montgomery, PA
- Mahogany/Touring (mud flaps, side steps, all weather
mats, cargo cover, cargo tray, cargo net, wheel locks)
- Ordered Feb. 3, 2001, delivered May 15, 2001
- Ordered from Ardmore ACURA, very pleased with my salesman
Dewey Moore. MSRP with no forced option (although they
put on a badge, which will I have them removed on my
first service).

Will post pic soon!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have on purpose delayed my inputs. I got my MDX just yesterday!
- Pittsburgh, PA
- SS with Navi, added wood shift knob from Tim
- date of order:1/31/01, date of delivery:7/3/01
- bought from Baierl Acura, extremely pleased with the professional attitude. MSRP and no forced options(infact, suggested a no need to options. Received pinstriping, touch up paint, mud flaps, oil changes, wheel locks and leather care package....all free. Strongly recommend dealer.

Lets go guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pittmdx said:

I have on purpose delayed my inputs. I got my MDX just yesterday!
- Pittsburgh, PA
- SS with Navi, added wood shift knob from Tim
- date of order:1/31/01, date of delivery:7/3/01
- bought from Baierl Acura, extremely pleased with the professional attitude. MSRP and no forced options(infact, suggested a no need to options. Received pinstriping, touch up paint, mud flaps, oil changes, wheel locks and leather care package....all free. Strongly recommend dealer.

Lets go guys.
Hey Pitt,

Congrats on your new baby!

Post some pic soon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Took delivery Mesa Beige/Tourijng/Navi/mud gaurds/wheel locks/wood meter trim in March, (Smail Acura, Greensburg, Pa), drove it to Fla for a couple of months, and back. Now 8000 nilkes, great car, super service from Smail!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I'm going to be in Pittsburgh for an overnight stay for a Daewoo parts seminar on August 1st, and will be spending the night before in some hotel around there which is as of yet to be determined. Two questions:

1. What's a nice place to stay at that won't cost as much as a pair of running boards?

2. Anyone interested in meeting out for dinner and drinks as long as I'll be in town?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:cool: That's great. It will be nice to spend some time with you. Lets see if anyone else in Pittsburgh is available too.
There is a good Extended Stay America near the Greentree area which I suggest for accomodation. Costs about $60 for a night including a small kitchen.(less than the cost of the burlwood knob I got from you...........just kidding). Let me know and I could pm their phone number. More importantly let me know where your seminar is scheduled. This hotel might not be suitable if you have to pass two tunnels to attend the seminar except if the seminar is in downtown.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tim... I agree that Extended Stay is nice... there are also a couple opf good places in town, depemnding on where meeting is to take place... I'd love to meet you, but am flying South to Fla today,. and won't retuen until the afternoon of the 1st!
Gasman

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Just found out that I'll be staying at the same place the course is held....the Holiday Inn at 1406 Beers School Road in Coraopolis, somewhere near the airport. The room rate is around $139, but they told me they'd spring for it!

I'm going to try to leave here as early as possible, probably around 2-ish, so I'm assuming that it'll put me there around 6PM or so, depending on how traffic is. I'm understanding that there's construction on I79 between the Ohio River and exit 16, how much of a holdup does that present if any?

I'll make sure to bring a few Hondacuraworld T-shirts! :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will be great to have a get together on 7/31 at about 7pm. I suggest Don Pablos. This is a Mexican rest. pretty close to your hotel. I can give you directions.....the best thing is that they have the best margaritas. But, you decide on the cuisine and I will suggest the restaurant.
I 79 is badly messed up at Pittsburgh. I suggest near Pit. just after the Wexford exit, take I279S. This will lead you to the other end of I79 thus bypassing all construction. I 279S converts to 60 which will take you Beers School Road.
Please confirm if the time/place is convenient. I will encourage all current and future owners of the MDX in Pittsburgh to join.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Sounds good to me! I'll map out your recommendation this weekend. PM me with your phone # and I'll call you when I get to the hotel. I'm going to try and cruise outta here by noon so that I'm not going through the metro in rush hour traffic.

I'd love to meet as many of you as possible, so if you'd like to get together with us, post it up!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hondacuraworld said:
Just found out that I'll be staying at the same place the course is held....the Holiday Inn at 1406 Beers School Road in Coraopolis, somewhere near the airport. The room rate is around $139, but they told me they'd spring for it!

I'm going to try to leave here as early as possible, probably around 2-ish, so I'm assuming that it'll put me there around 6PM or so, depending on how traffic is. I'm understanding that there's construction on I79 between the Ohio River and exit 16, how much of a holdup does that present if any?

I'll make sure to bring a few Hondacuraworld T-shirts! :D
:D :D :D

Tim from Hondacuraworld will be in Pittsburgh tonight. I encourage everybody from Pittsburgh and surroundings to meet today for an evening together over drinks/dinner. We plan to meet at Don Pablos in Robinson Towncenter (located opp Sams Club) at 7pm. If you need any further info/directions, please pm or email me.

Looking forward to meeting Pitt members. Maybe we could have a couple of pictures taken of our MDXs together.

·
Registered
42 Posts
bgallen,

Welcome to the Club!

Post some pics!

How would you rate your dealer?:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, and I'll take some digital shots this weekend.

My Dealer:

Mike Harris of Hall Acura, Newport News Va. On a scale of one-to-ten, Mike was a fifteen.

I called a lot of dealers on the east coast and Mike was the only one willing to go out of his way to get me what I wanted. The only thing that I wasn't happy with was the wait! But it was worth it.

Delivery was smooth and painless (except for MSRP), and Mike even had one of his guys pick me up at the train station.

Three cheers for Mike and Hall Acura!

·
Registered
10 Posts
PA

Hello,

- Chester Co., PA
- Black (mud flaps, side steps, cargo tray, wheel locks, roof rack,rear spoiler)
- Ordered July. 5, 2001, delivered January 18, 2002
- Ordered from West Chester Acura, very pleased with my salesman Bob Boody. MSRP with no forced option. Terrrible, terrible, terrible service department. Refuse to take the X back there for service. I am now going to try taking it to Ardmore Acura.

Love my Black on Black MDX!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi italiaprn79 - Welcome to the club. I also live in Chester County and was interested in your post regarding West Chester Acura's Service Department. I had ordered my MDX from West Chester last March (2001) and they gave me a delivery date of November of 2001. Of course I couldn't wait so I called around and ended up getting exactly what I wanted within 3 weeks at Davis Acura in Langhorne. It is a little far (approximately 45 minutes) but we have retured to them for oil & 7,500 services and will be going back shortly for our 15,000 mile servicing. Their Service Department is EXCELLENT. Real down to earth, friendly, and reasonable prices (at least compared with what others on this site have listed for servicings). I am glad I read your post since I did consider going to West Chester Acura eventually for service since they are only 10 minutes down the road. I would be interested in specifics. If you want additional info on Davis Acura, let me know, I would be happy to pass it on.

JPOW

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys,

Interesting information about West Chester Acura.
I live in West Chester but went to Castle Acura to order my X. David Keith was my salesman and I would highly reccomned him to anyone. Knows the product and was very upfront about the wait & build date (4/15-19). I also went to West Chester to place an order but was immediatley turned off when I was yelled at by a salesman for looking and, Oh My God, almost touching an MDX on the floor that was to be delivered shortly. Based on how they poorly they treat you before you're a customer I hate to imagine how much worse it gets once the honeymoons over and they actually have you as a customer. Once I get my X I plan on using Castle or Ardmore for service. I will let you know how it goes.

I read your previous post about your service experience at West Chester and there is absolutley no way I will go there for service if that is how you were treated. I wonder if the same guy that yelled at me was the same horses ass that talked to you on the phone. You should ask Darren or the General Manager to check out the sight and let them see what a fine immage they portray for the dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WeSt ChEsTeR AcUrA

Hello JPow,

I am so glad that you read my posting before you took your X there. You were smart to check around for other dealers, I unfortunately did not so I ended up waiting 7 months for mine at West Chester Acura. I really regret buying from them and giving them business. I feel like they took my money and ran because we paid the car off. I mean the way I think of it is that there was nothing wrong with my money I gave them and then I buy this 40g car and they treat me like dirt. I mean they just took my money and ran!! Please do not go to West Chester Acura because I don't think anyone deserves to be treated the way I was treated. I called Acura Customer Service and told them all about my terrible experience there and the customer service rep that I spoke with said that since they are privately owned dealership, unfortunately they can't fire Darren but with an incident like that, if it wasn't privately owned they would have fired him. I just think with spending that much money on a car, the dealership should literally kiss your _ _ _! JPow to hear my total experience with the "WORST DEALERSHIP IN THE WORLD" just go to "your experience" in the forums and you will see my entry!! I don't want to repost is again, since I had so much to write about that terible dealership. I am sorry but I bought my last car from Ford and they were so good to me, they contantly sent me letters telling me if i need any help they are there and every year on my anniversary date that I had bought the car they would send me a letter saying how thankful they were about my purchase and that if i needed anything, they would be glad to help. That is the way a dealership is suppose to be, and the car I bought from them was a used car and not a very expensive car. I just know for my next car buying experience, I will throughly investigate in the dealership and make sure I do some homework. Well anyways sorry for talking your ear off and my next step is to try out Ardmore Acura and see if there service department is any better, if not then I will definetley go to the place you went to in langhorne, it's a little bit of a hike for me, so I figured I would try put Ardmore Acura first, but thanks for the good news about your dealership, it's good to know there is a nice one out there!! :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts