Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For as long as I can remember, the rear wiper on my MDX has sat at rest below the bottom of the rear windshield (see attached picture). Therefore, whenever I turn it on, the wiper scrapes a part of the trunk door before getting to the actual windshield, making for some unpleasant sounds and wipers that wear out very quickly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to re-calibrate the motor to have it sit at a normal position on the windshield? If anyone has any instructions on how to access the motor itself, it would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
You remove the cap (it just snaps on) from the wiper arm. There's a 10mm nut that holds the arm on the wiper motor axle. The axle is splined. Remove the nut. Wiggle the arm till it comes off the axle. Push it back on "clocked" in the right position and tighten the nut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You remove the cap (it just snaps on) from the wiper arm. There's a 10mm nut that holds the arm on the wiper motor axle. The axle is splined. Remove the nut. Wiggle the arm till it comes off the axle. Push it back on "clocked" in the right position and tighten the nut.
Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts