Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just wanted to see if there are any recommendations for the cabin air filter replacement. Anyone have any experience with installing K&N cabin airfilters? I have the 2016 MDX with the ENT package. I know that I probably won't get the BIO defense air filtration that they have with the Tesla, but is there anything close to that that is on the cheap? :smile2:

·
Registered
334 Posts
yeah, i installed K&N filter on my 2016 Tech too. Work great i'll clean it up when doing the next oil change. Always keep it clean!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Note that the cabin air filter sold over the Acura parts counter is not the same one installed at the factory. The factory filter contains activated carbon, thus its slightly grey tinge. The official Acura cabin filter sold at the dealers contains no activated carbon, and is pure white. The Fram Fresh Breeze cabin filter mentioned above has both activated carbon and other ingredients to help filter and freshen the incoming air.

I haven't figured out why you can't buy the factory activated carbon filter from Acura.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
^^ I conflate 'Acura authorized part' with 'factory part' although I realize the parts can sometimes be somewhat different. I can't remember if there was a difference when I replaced the cabin filter since I've only changed it once and that was a while ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts