Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new C&D (Feb) features a road test on the new Infiniti FX45. Step aside VW, Nissan is on the warpath!!! Is it too late to return my...never-mind.

HP: 315
0-60: 6.3
Top speed: 140
Get this, skidpad: .87g

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's pretty awsome figures! Can't wait to see one on the road.

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,cargo net,Husky all weather floor mats and cargo tray

·
Registered
319 Posts
hammerX said:
That's pretty awsome figures! Can't wait to see one on the road.
Here's one more figure; $48,000

·
Registered
449 Posts
Arzoo said:

$48,000.00? That is about 5 to 6 grand more than a fully loaded MDX! I think for that money I would get the MDX and then loaded up with accessories.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
.87g It holds to the road better then most sedans and equivalent to some sports cars. Its worth every penny of the $48k and then some. I don't see how it compares to the MDX. Much, much, more powerful, alot better handling, and better looking (IMHO). Did you see those gullwing doors! This is competition for the Porsche, and BMW 4.6hse, which I think Inifiniti has the edge over both with its lower sticker price and better features.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Arzoo said:

That's for the FX45 with a V8 producing 315hp. The FX35 starts at around $35K with a V6 producing 280hp. It may be a tad slower but not that slow. And the 20" wheels can also be ordered with the FX35.

·
Registered
449 Posts
manus1980 said:
.87g It holds to the road better then most sedans and equivalent to some sports cars. Its worth every penny of the $48k and then some. I don't see how it compares to the MDX. Much, much, more powerful, alot better handling, and better looking (IMHO). Did you see those gullwing doors! This is competition for the Porsche, and BMW 4.6hse, which I think Inifiniti has the edge over both with its lower sticker price and better features.
I think the gull wing is a concept and not the real production model. The real production model's door opens like everybody else. I agree that it is not really in competition with the MDX.

·
Registered
218 Posts
FX45/35 Prices

FX45 Base Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: $44,225
*FX35 Base Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: $35,700

FX45 Premium Package: $2,100
· Power sliding tinted glass sunroof with one-touch open/close, tilt feature and sliding sunshade
· Bose® premium 300-watt, eleven-speaker audio system. Three dash-mounted 3.15-inch TwiddlerTM mid- and high-frequency drivers; four 6.5-inch door speakers; two 3.15-inch Twiddler mid- and high-frequency drivers in D-pillars; dual 5.25-inch Nd® woofers in a dedicated, tuned enclosure under cargo floor are included with Bose system; complements standard AM/FM with Radio Data System (RDS), cassette player and in-dash, single-slot 6-disc CD autochanger
· HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
· Auto on/off headlights
· Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
· Cargo Net

FX35 Premium Package: $2,600
· Includes all FX45 Premium Package equipment plus:
· Leather-appointed interior
· Power-adjustable lumbar support for driver's seat
· Power tilt and telescopic steering wheel
· Memory system for driver's seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors
· Heated front seats
· Heated outside mirrors

FX35 Sport Package: $3,900
· Includes all FX35 Premium Package equipment plus:
· 8-spoke, 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 265/50R20 V-rated all-season tires
· Sport-tuned suspension
· Drilled aluminum pedals with rubber grips

FX45 Technology Package: $7,600
FX35 Technology Package: $9,400
· Includes all Premium Package equipment on FX45; all Premium Package and Sport Package equipment on FX35, plus:
· Enhanced Vehicle Information System with 7-inch color LCD screen; adds fuel-economy calculator
· Infiniti Navigation System1 with DVD database and BirdviewTM
· Intelligent Key keyless entry, security and starting system. Keyfob transponder allows door unlocking and engine starting without using a keyfob or key; keyfob must simply be in proximity of vehicle (pocket, purse, etc.) for unlocking, or inside vehicle for engine starting
· Intelligent Cruise Control2 uses computerized laser sensors to detect vehicles ahead while automatically maintaining the preset following distance
· Brake Assist with Preview3
· Infiniti DVD Mobile Entertainment System with ceiling-mounted, flip-down 7.0-inch color screen, console-mounted DVD player with wireless remote and two pairs of wireless headphones
· RearView Monitor4 displays area behind vehicle, in real time, when vehicle is reversing via the dash-mounted color Vehicle Information System's screen
· Onboard Tire Pressure Monitor

Individual Options (FX35 and FX45):
· Roof rails
· Roof-rail crossbars
· Cargo-area protector
· Satellite radio capability, with choice of Sirius or XM® service providers5
· Sunroof wind deflector
· Splash guards, set of four (black)
· Tow hitch6

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I want gullwing doors :(
oh well

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
For 48K, i'm buying a nice M3.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Why are 20 inch rims standard equipment. Not only do they cost more, they make a stiff suv ride worse. I would think 18" would be plenty.:rolleyes:

still, a pretty good suv, more in line with X5 than the MDX. too bad it is so small on the inside. pricewise- the fx35 should be in the same price range as the MDX.

btw, off topic- did anybody read the John Phillips article on NewFoundLand. really funny stuff.:D

·
Registered
550 Posts
MDXLuvr,

Not to mention very little tire selection!!:3:

Seriously, for $48k, why not get a REAL sports car??!! Like a BMW 5-series, Lexus GS430, BMW M3, etc....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts