Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks - I feel almost blasphemous with this, but my Acura MDX is gone. My Partner and I woke up about a month ago and realized that we'd blown an incredible amount of $$$$ on cars. Between the two of us, 11 new cars in the past 5½ years. Cumulatively, we've spent or lost over $53,000.00 in trading alone, not to mention the cost of driving the vehicles.

$53,000.00, added to our investments in '96 would be worth much more now, even with the meltdown of the past 1½ years, than blowing it on wheels. Don't get me wrong, I have loved owning some of the nicest (reasonably-priced) cars on the planet from the Avalon, to the Sequoia, to the best SUV on the planet - the MDX. But enough is enough.

Yesterday, I sold my MDX, recouped a very nice chunk of money, purchased/financed a 2002 Honda CR-V EX, and continued work my Partner and I started last month in attempting to get rid of the giant Cowboy hat - with no cattle, and exchange it for a much smaller Cowboy Hat - and eventually lots of cattle.

I've enjoyed coming here EVERYDAY to read the goings-on, and have learned much from participants here. I will miss that. Alas, my HIDs are going in the closet, until Mark @ HIDKITS comes up with a dual-beam model.

Additionally, I've made a contact for parts @ Hondacuraworld that ALSO stocks nifty things for the CR-V, so that relationship will continue. I just hope I can keep from pimping out my CR-V too much. :D

Everyone take care....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Best of luck to you

Steve --

Best of luck to you, and you still ended up with a great car. My sister in law just got a 4wd 2002 crv LX, and loves it. It's a really great car -- if I didn't need something a little bigger, I would have gotten one instead of the MDX, and saved 1/2 the price. We got her a couple things for her from Tim as well, and as you would expect, service/prices were top notch as usual.

The EX also has the ABS and the CD changer as well, I think, so it's not like you're driving a 67 AMC Pacer or something.

Anyway, just because you don't have the MDX doesn't mean that you have to be bannished -- stop by from time to time and say hello.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Steve, sorry to see you go. The 1st gen CR-V is a fantastic vehicle, and the 2nd gen is even better. That's my beloved old 'V pictuted below (taken at the 2nd Annual Big CR-V Scrub). If you haven't already been to the CR-V forum, you can find it at ( http://www.hondasuv.com ) Since you're in Texas, if you want to go off-roading you may want to contact CR-Vince and Robert. In fact, they just went off-roading near Katy, TX over the weekend and just about everyone in the group got stuck in a vast mud/clay field, including a Disco II and an LX 470 that went with them :p Wish I could have been there :) They should be posting a writeup/pictorial on the CR-V site shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Enjoy the CRV - we have a '02 CRV EX 5 speed as well as the MDX - great vehicles each in their own right - I just wish the CRV had heated seats and mirros (like the Canadian model).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Re: Best of luck to you

As Davegood so eloquently stated below...........good luck & stop back by to visit

davegood said:
Steve --

Best of luck to you, and you still ended up with a great car. ...........
Anyway, just because you don't have the MDX doesn't mean that you have to be bannished -- stop by from time to time and say hello.

Best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
texrb
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing