Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you I will be leaving the country and my beloved 'X for six weeks starting tomorrow. The whole family is jetting to Taiwan and I don't know what is worse; spending 20+ hours on a plane with two very small children or being denied the pleasure of tearing around town in my (fairly) new MDX!
One consolation is that I will be visiting a factory outside of Taipei that produces Honda automobiles for the Asian market. My spy camera will be at the ready in case I spot a Pilot or something interesting.
Pray for me people...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Cool Boston - have fun overseas, make sure you put a dust cover on the X before you go! Just think, you'll get back, they'll have that Big Dig all finished up :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ghost

We will all be driving the 5th generation X before the Big Dig is done:)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Hey BostonX,
Is that license plate based upon the 1966 Standell's song "Dirty Water?" Gee ghost, you must be slipping a bit not to have noticed that one or were you just too busy earning you Cub Scout merit badges to listen to radio? ;)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
remery said:
Hey BostonX,
Is that license plate based upon the 1966 Standell's song "Dirty Water?" Gee ghost, you must be slipping a bit not to have noticed that one or were you just too busy earning you Cub Scout merit badges to listen to radio? ;)
Oh, I just thought he was talking about the Boston Harbor (hey, this is no fun, he's off in Taiwan by now... Maybe he'll find an Internet Cafe there)

Nope, I started getting serious about music during the Sgt. Pepper era - I imagine you're more of a Benny Goodman kind of guy... :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good eye remery. I've gone from dirty water to dirty air, I'm afraid.
Just got into Taipei tonight after a couple days in Seattle (saw a couple MDX's in Bellevue). It's 70 degrees and muggy.
How do you like my chrome plate frame with "factory font"? Pretty swanky don't you agree?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
BostonX said:
Good eye remery. I've gone from dirty water to dirty air, I'm afraid.
Just got into Taipei tonight after a couple days in Seattle (saw a couple MDX's in Bellevue). It's 70 degrees and muggy.
How do you like my chrome plate frame with "factory font"? Pretty swanky don't you agree?
Yeah, but was it made in Taiwan?:D :D If so, bring a few back for us Heartlanders!! Also, coming to the forum during your exportation, might provide enough of a MDX fix to overcome the separation anxiety.;)

P.S. Ghost, I grew up on Elvis not Benny! :p :p

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sandman, that may be true, but remember this is Massachusetts we're talking about and when you have "friends" working for the Registry...
In truth it is a doctored plate. Do you think I'd actually put my REAL plate up for the whole Interworld to see? They might be able to hack into my personal history and see what other sites I visit when I'm not browsing ACURAMDX.ORG!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey...

Hey...I'll be in Taiwan in a couple days as well...did you see any X there? What about accessories for the x?

Kev

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No MDX's Kevin, maybe they're too wide for the streets :p . Lots of CR-V's and RX300 "Harriers" though.
Be sure to bring your shortsleeve shirts and shorts...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts