Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like today is the day to go and try to make a deal and place an order. We want a base model starlight silver, and would like to add a roof rack, and possibly sidesteps later. With it being this late in the year and the '03's around the corner, should I still expect to pay MSRP, with some options thrown in, or do you think it would be reasonable to make an offer at below MSRP? We will probably buy, but does anyone have any firm lease figures? Quick responses will be appreciated, as I have a 6PM appointment at the dealer (Acura of Augusta, in Augusta, GA.). Great forum, thanks in advance for the advice!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I forgot--what size deposit should I expect on an order? Also, if I am ordering one today, is now the time to make the deal and settle on a price, or should I wait until it comes in? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
bdmd,

Not too many people have been able to negotiate below MSRP. Of the hundreds of poster, off the top of my head, there were probably 3 or 4 that were able to do that. It may be a bit softer now, but probably not too much. If you can get some accessories thrown in, you would have done well.

Another thing is, do a search on Navigation. Quite a few people wished they got the Navi option after the fact. See what people have to say. I think it's the best investment I've made, and I'll never get a car without Navi again.

Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its very simple...

If you are fortunate enough to visit a dealer with uncommited inventory, you have the leverage to negotiate below MSRP for a immediate delivery. I believe anything in the $500 - $1000 range would be considered an excellent deal. Your best chances here are to remain flexible in accepting the color and model available.

If you are not willing to compromise on your style or color or if you must order the car, you may not be able to get much below (if at all) below MSRP.

I'll pretty much bet that you'll get a call of an available car well before your ordered car comes in. There's been more than a few cancellations of late. Again, your abiltiy to compromise will determine how much of a deal you'll receive.

good luck...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got $300 off MSRP, free wheel locks and $300 credit toward accessories. My X was delivered almost two months ahead of promised date, probably because of cancellations. Deposit was $1,000 but one other dealer asked only for $500.

Ditto on the Nav unit. It is truly amazing.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts