Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I can tell the maintenance intervals are strictly generated from the car's computer. I'm buying a pre-owned 2014 w/tech package 59,777 mi in Massachusetts from Acura of Boston. From the VIN decoder it appears that this is a early build May-Oct 2013. What are the levels of service that I can expect to have been performed on this vehicle? For example, have the brake fluid, ATF fluid and differential fluids been changed and if not should I reasonably expect that these items get done before taking delivery of the vehicle. I have not viewed any service or maintenance records as of yet.

The maintenance minder A,B,1,2,3,4,5,6 is a schedule that seems a little vague so I'm looking for any summary of what should have been performed on vehicle with 59,777mi.

I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
There is a big difference between what should be done and what has been done. Check carfax and the dealer for records.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
At around 60k miles on a used MDX, I would personally change the following:
-Engine Oil & Filter
-Coolant; check water pump while you're there; replace radiator cap
-Brake fluid
-Check pads, rotors, and brake lines, and change if needed; also check cv boots while you're there and suspension for any leaks
-Transmission fluid
-Transfer case fluid (SH-AWD)
-Rear differential fluid (SH-AWD)
-Listen for noisy valves and adjust if necessary
-Rotate Tires
-Replace engine and cabin air filters
-Listen for noisy belts and adjust tensioners, and replace if necessary
-Check and add wiper fluid
-Check fuses
-Check all bulbs

Full list of recommended service schedule here: http://owners.acura.com/service-maintenance/minder?year=2014&model=MDX#mid^YD4H4EKNW

Personally, I do these things to just have peace of mind when buying something used by anybody else.

·
Registered
391 Posts
From what I can tell the maintenance intervals are strictly generated from the car's computer. I'm buying a pre-owned 2014 w/tech package 59,777 mi in Massachusetts from Acura of Boston. From the VIN decoder it appears that this is a early build May-Oct 2013. What are the levels of service that I can expect to have been performed on this vehicle? For example, have the brake fluid, ATF fluid and differential fluids been changed and if not should I reasonably expect that these items get done before taking delivery of the vehicle. I have not viewed any service or maintenance records as of yet.

The maintenance minder A,B,1,2,3,4,5,6 is a schedule that seems a little vague so I'm looking for any summary of what should have been performed on vehicle with 59,777mi.

I appreciate any help.
nice.

dont forget...go to Bernardi Acura Parts and Accessories site
for discount prices. Theyre cheaper than buying them in Brighton, or any of Bernardi's stealer..i mean dealerships. :-D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would hope if it is a good CPO dealer they would have made sure all the Maintenance is up to date including the list posted. Ask to see the records and if something is missing tell them to complete it before you take ownership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts