Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2015 Acura MDX in my neighboring state. It's the color I wanted and the price was decent as well. It's a certified vehicle with 26k miles on it. There were no pictures of it online as they had received it as a trade in only very recently.

I spoke to the dealer and told him that I am willing to fly to the dealer location and drive the car back if he can send me some pictures. He took some pics and texted them to me. They are not very detailed, but I didn't notice anything wrong with it. I asked them if they are willing to negotiate and they said they can lower the price if I pay them a deposit over the phone.

What are my risks with this purchase? I don't want to pay a deposit, spend time/money in going out of state only to find out that there's something wrong with the vehicle. Looking for opinions on what my risks are and how do I mitigate them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Plenty of people have bought "certified" vehicles and discovered there was (repaired) damage, after the sale was completed.

CPO provides some peace of mind, but it does not guarantee a flawless vehicle; nor does it guarantee that any flaw discovered will be addressed without charge.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Just to be clear...is the vehicle at an Acura dealer and is it an Acura CPO? You don't specifically say in your post. Many car dealers call their cars "certified."

Also, I am assuming the dealer gave you a Carfax? Although sometimes not accurate re accidents, they now often contain service records.

You can ask a lot of questions. One owner? Sold and serviced at dealer? Are service records with car? etc. Answers to these and other questions can give you some comfort, which may lessen risk for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to be clear...is the vehicle at an Acura dealer and is it an Acura CPO? You don't specifically say in your post. Many car dealers call their cars "certified."

Also, I am assuming the dealer gave you a Carfax? Although sometimes not accurate re accidents, they now often contain service records.

You can ask a lot of questions. One owner? Sold and serviced at dealer? Are service records with car? etc. Answers to these and other questions can give you some comfort, which may lessen risk for you.
Yes, it's from the Acura dealer and the certification extends the warranty to 7 years/100k. I saw the carfax and no issues there. It is one owner and no, they haven't serviced it at the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.