Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a used 2014 MDX Nav and was wondering what a fair price would be/what others have paid. I'm located in Vancouver, Canada and they seem to be listed for around 40K before taxes around here. Researching online, I noticed that some people are having issues with reliability on this model. Could anyone share their experience so far with this vehicle and if they have had any problems? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I don't know the pricing for you but I have a 2014 - early build (June 2013) that has around 38K miles on it now. It's been a great vehicle - no problems. Some others have reported a few issues here with rear end thumping noises but that was apparently resolved by a TSB. I haven't seen many chronic reliability issues with them posted here. I really like mine and am glad I purchased it.

Some of these had body panel alignment issues so make sure you check whichever one you buy carefully to make sure the gaps seem okay.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Issues with our 2014:
- Warped front rotors - fixed by dealer once, warped again
- Rubbery transmission - somewhat better after software update.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Casique, could you describe your transmission issue and is there a TSB or recall for the tranny software?
I have 2014 that just turned 40k miles (we bought is last summer with 31k) and I seem to be noticing an intermittent hesitation/jerkiness after coming to a stop and trying to accelerate. If I had to bet, it seems like a torque converter issue. Again, it doesn't do it all the time and sometimes, it is barely perceptible and others, very noticeable.
Starting to get a little worried and I will probably be taking it in soon to CMA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought mine in Oregon last month for $34k with 39k miles on it. That was the going rate in this area. Love love LOVE my car, but it has been in the dealership service 3x already. I will say these things are relatively minor and not major mechanical issues so I'm not sweatin' it at all. Plus I will get Acura Care before my original warranty expires this summer.

First, was the battery went bad and the car didn't start the night after we brought it home. No issue since they replaced it. Second, was taking it back for the rear thump and they replaced the rear dampers/bushings and it's worlds better now. Last, it was just in for a mysterious water leak and they couldn't replicate the issue after keeping it and testing it for a week straight, the noted something was up with the AC so I will be questioning that and taking it back in for that.

I know some people have their gripes about the 2014 being a new model of this gen, but i do love the fact that I still have a shift knob and 6 spd VS the buttons and 9 speed. I've had 3 loaners which were all the button shifter/9 speeds and I honestly didn't like how jerky feeling they were when driving. Picked up my car after not having it for a week today and everything felt buttery smooth when driving.

·
Registered
123 Posts
2014 MDX - AWD Tech Package

$33,500 shipped enclosed to anywhere in the USA.

Charcoal Gray / Black Interior
31,000 miles
All service and records from dealer
No issues with the car, Acura warranty until March 2018.
I'm going to lease another vehicle, I change cars every 3 years.

Options:
Roof Rack and Cross bars
Heated Steering Wheel
Remote Start

Aftermarket Curt Hitch is also included but is easily removed if you don't want it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Casique, could you describe your transmission issue and is there a TSB or recall for the tranny software?
I have 2014 that just turned 40k miles (we bought is last summer with 31k) and I seem to be noticing an intermittent hesitation/jerkiness after coming to a stop and trying to accelerate. If I had to bet, it seems like a torque converter issue. Again, it doesn't do it all the time and sometimes, it is barely perceptible and others, very noticeable.
Starting to get a little worried and I will probably be taking it in soon to CMA.
Yes, I believe it was a TSB to reprogram the transmission. Ours felt loose, wandering, and not crisp after 30K. Tech said could also be the torque converter, and that they were having issues with the tranny overheating and damaging the converter. The TSB worked for us, for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts