Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is Krish , a newbie in this forum.

My wife and I are looking for a additional car for our growing family needs, after lot of discussion and debate and research , we decided to go with a used MDX .

We are planning to buy a used mdx with the following configuration , as it fits in our budget.

2011-ACURA MDX with Navigation and around 72,000 Miles for about 21,000 dollars Looking at the carfax, i will be the 3rd owner on the vehicle.

I am not much worried about resale value, since i am planning to keep the vehichle till it fall apart.

I see that all the major maintenance was performed by the dealer and the car looks clean inside and out with decent threading remaining on the tires

Would really appreciate, if anybody can provide their valuable inputs on the

Average maintenance cost

When would be the next major maintenance schedule and ball park cost

any other information that i have to know as a future Acura owner

Thank you so much for taking time and reading thru the post.

Krish

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Price looks to be on the low end for what I'm seeing in my area, so that's good. As mentioned, have a mechanic look it over closely, particularly since you're planning to keep it a long time.

All the maintenance on these is based on driving conditions and monitored by vehicle. It will tell you when to perform service by displaying codes. Generally speaking, the major fluids (transmission, differentials, etc) run at about 30k mile intervals for simple drain/fill services. So you can look at previous maintenance to get an idea of when those might be due again. My dealer charges around $250 for all of that but can be done cheaper at an independent. I usually like to use the dealer during the warranty period but I'm over 80k miles now and will likely do it myself from here on out. Oil changes run every 6k-10k miles depending upon driving. We do mainly highway and are usually close to 10k. Brake fluid is supposed to be changed every three years. The big upcoming service will be the timing belt which usually is done around the 100k-110k mile mark. Most recommend changing the water pump/tensioner at the same time and this service can run from $700 at an independent mechanic to well over $1,000 at a dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for taking time and giving your valuable inputs, i got the information i am looking for, really appreciate it.

I am buying the vehicle from a private party and planning to get the vehicle inspected from the autoshop before my purchase, hoping there wont be any surprise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts