Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy used 2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Technology. Please help me narrow down my list

1. Mileage: 18,369 Listed Price $41,000 Exterior: Lunar Silver Metallic

2. Mileage: 13,260 Listed price $43,000 EXTERIOR: Modern Steel Metallic

3. Mileage : 10,633 Miles Listed price $43,514 Exterior: Dark Cherry Pearl

1 and 2 were rental vehicles, 3 corporate fleet. I'm not 100% sold on cherry pearl color. Please chime in if you have one.

2 and 3 seem to be listed on a high side of KBB, especially with some dealerships still carrying new 2017 models. What would be a good price before TTL?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'd pass on any vehicle that was used as a rental... So #3 is the only one from your list that I'd consider. Price is high, however.

NADA retail is $42,900
NADA average trade-in is $38,725

·
Registered
495 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. That's more than I thought 2017 models would go for now. Do you think the dealerships will be willing to go down to 40,000-41,000 before taxes/fees?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thank you. That's more than I thought 2017 models would go for now. Do you think the dealerships will be willing to go down to 40,000-41,000 before taxes/fees?
Likely not if it carries the "certified" classification. Retail without certification probably would be in that range (with remainder of the initial warranty).

I know sometimes it pays to really shop around and get the best price, but my experience is that (especially when used) to find the "right" car that was treated nicely and still feels as new as possible - and also create a relationship with a dealer you'll use into the future. Sometimes that means it's not the best price - but it can pay off over the long haul in ownership experience. I will say that my local dealer (NH) treats me extremely well, and really works with me on issues I find our TSB's I'd like to have addressed. Granted, our family is on our 9th Acura since the early 90's with this dealer - but that relationship is (IMHO) more important than the "best price".

andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also found a 2016 MDX Advance at a local (non Acura) dealer. It's only 17,000 miles and the price seems good according to KBB and Edmunds. It's not certified but with 33,000 miles under warranty it should be ok.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Love the cherry pearl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts