Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum so can any of you suggest me

(1) if i am not over paying for a CPO Acura MDX, 2016 Make with 26700 Miles on it. There is still 2 year left in the factory original warranty and i will get 1 year/12000 miles additional CPO warranty on top of it.
The internet price is $33200 and they might go down till $32500. Negotiations going on... and tomorrow they might accept my offer. What do you all think?

(2) Do you think it is worth performing my own pre purchase inspection by some external professional mechanic to find out those little things which might not be covered by the warranty?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
To your first question: I don't comment on pricing... It's a highly personal topic with prices varying by region, and variables such as taxes and fringe benefits further muddying the waters. And that's before you get into the can-of-worms known as trade-ins... It's simply not worth me getting into the nitty-gritty on everyone else's deal. I'm sure others will comment on pricing, however, so if you really care about that, wait for them to chime in.

Some advice I can provide, however, is: Find the price that you're comfortable with... Pay it... Then move on with your life and enjoy your vehicle! I've seen people pay amounts that I would consider "too much" and they're happy. I've also seen people get deals I think are phenomenal and they're miserable because they're always wondering if they could have gotten it for a dollar less. Make the deal you're comfortable with, and ENJOY your vehicle.

To your second point: It depends... But I would probably skip it.

If the vehicle is on an Acura dealers lot, and is a true Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, then it is less of a concern. Mechanical issues will be covered by the warranty, so you can get them fixed if they are discovered after you've already signed on the dotted line. Of course, you should always perform a thorough test drive and look over the car carefully, so you're aware of any blemishes and cosmetic issues.

Acura CPO warranty should cover the powertrain until it reaches 7 years or 100k miles -- whichever comes first -- based on it's original in-service date.

The normal non-powertrain warranty is 4 years or 50k miles, whichever comes first. Assuming the vehicle is still within that period -- which it sounds like it is -- then it gets extended to 5 years or 62k miles -- whichever comes first -- based on it's original in-service date. If you're out of 4/50k period then you get a 1 year, 12k warranty starting from the CPO purchase date.

If the vehicle is not on an Acura lot, or is not an Acura-CPO (for example, some meaningless aftermarket warranty) then I would probably just walk away. It's not exactly hard to find a clean CPO MDX, so don't waste time on inferior stock. If you insist on pursing a vehicle in this category, then by all means get a trusted third party to look over the vehicle. This should NOT be the selling dealer, nor anyone affiliated with them. Do keep in mind that they can't guarantee to find every issue -- and on a 2016 I doubt they'd find anything meaningful that you couldn't find yourself in a careful test drive and walk-around. After all, they don't actually tear into the engine or transmission -- It's just a quick visual inspection.

Reactions: mark890
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.